Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Capricious rules written by fools lead to arbitrary decisions to satisfy a political agenda developed by other fools, carried out by still more fools, and accepted by even more fools. Can we agree that the entire chain of fools is foolish? :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
The Gun Owners of America (GOA) weighed in on this; just letter-writing at this point:

·
Registered
528 Posts

·
Rational Anarchist
14,191 Posts
Apparently the brace is proprietary, and that somehow makes a difference?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,506 Posts
Apparently the brace is proprietary, and that somehow makes a difference?
Read some more on it and they are claiming it was made to be shouldered. The other 2 they want examples so they can decide if they fall under their new ruling.

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
Colion interviews Honey Badger inventor:

Also:

Reactions: infosponge

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
The Firearm Policy Coalition has also weighed in:

“The Boston Field Division’s and FATD’s most recent actions in the instant matter once again highlight one of the ever-present reasons for the public’s sincere distrust of ATF: It operates without consistency, except as to its consistent operation outside of the law and without regard to the constitutional rights of American gun owners and taxpayers. Thus, members and supporters of FPC, and the public at large, are left chasing dragons in their good faith efforts to maintain compliance with the laws and avoid the pain of significant criminal liability and fines,” said Kraut in the FPC letter.

“Attorney General Barr, DOJ, and ATF should take immediate steps to correct their errors and withdraw the Q cease and desist,” commented Kraut. “But as we said in our letter request, FPC will take any action that is necessary and appropriate to protect the interest of our members, our supporters, and the public from a rogue executive branch agency.”

###

(emphasis, mine)

Reactions: Henry Bowman

·
μολὼν λαβέ
35,506 Posts
Think we should all pull the braces off. Be hard for them to say the buffer tube was ever intended to be shouldered.

·
Premium Member
1,780 Posts
If folks do I might be interested in picking up a couple more:D

Reactions: infosponge

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
20,032 Posts

·
Premium Member
820 Posts
FPC's Letter to Pres. Trump re: the ATF's Boston Field Office determination and its 60-day suspension of the decision:

I especially liked this part of the letter:

[/QUOTE]
We know that the decision to reverse course with respect to pistol braces was taken with the oversight and authorization of the ATF’s Chief Counsel’s Office. Most egregious is that those involved attempted to circumvent the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) order to not issue determinations on specific products and utilized the division in charge of criminal enforcement to carry out their anti-gun owner agenda.

This determination is a continuation of a long pattern of politically motivated, arbitrary and capricious actions by the ATF. The persons involved in this outrageous and abusive unlawful exercise of power must not be allowed to continue holding their positions of authority. The ATF swamp must be drained, and you should take this opportunity to do just that

We respectfully request that you order Attorney General Barr to investigate this issue immediately and take any and all available actions necessary to remove and replace the ATF leadership that caused, authorized, or otherwise endorsed the Honey Badger determination. Should termination not be an option, I strongly suggest the reassignment of all offending rogue officers, attorneys, agents, and/or employees to areas of the Agency where they may not run wild with personal or prior administration’s agendas. It is my understanding Alaska has wonderful winters.

·
Registered
9,712 Posts

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
FPC's Letter to Pres. Trump re: the ATF's Boston Field Office determination and its 60-day suspension of the decision:

I especially liked this part of the letter:
We know that the decision to reverse course with respect to pistol braces was taken with the oversight and authorization of the ATF’s Chief Counsel’s Office. Most egregious is that those involved attempted to circumvent the Department of Justice’s (DOJ) order to not issue determinations on specific products and utilized the division in charge of criminal enforcement to carry out their anti-gun owner agenda.

This determination is a continuation of a long pattern of politically motivated, arbitrary and capricious actions by the ATF. The persons involved in this outrageous and abusive unlawful exercise of power must not be allowed to continue holding their positions of authority. The ATF swamp must be drained, and you should take this opportunity to do just that

We respectfully request that you order Attorney General Barr to investigate this issue immediately and take any and all available actions necessary to remove and replace the ATF leadership that caused, authorized, or otherwise endorsed the Honey Badger determination. Should termination not be an option, I strongly suggest the reassignment of all offending rogue officers, attorneys, agents, and/or employees to areas of the Agency where they may not run wild with personal or prior administration’s agendas. It is my understanding Alaska has wonderful winters.

[/QUOTE]

I want him manning a radar post on Attu by tomorrow. Send him his clothes. :devilish:

·
Premium Member
820 Posts

I want him manning a radar post on Attu by tomorrow. Send him his clothes. :devilish:
[/QUOTE]

I was thinking more like Fairbanks AK, but Attu would also be acceptable for Mr. Brady's relocation (Kelly's, not Tom's ;)) -- as long as We, The Taxpayers, don't fund it.

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,954 Posts
I think the President should send a memo to the head of every department that has shown any signs of "attempting to derail the train", stating: "I am the President, your boss, and have been for four years. I am going to be for another four years. Get on board with MY agenda or find another job. Disseminate this memo throughout your department, as it pertains to every employee."

21 - 40 of 40 Posts