Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
LOL, that depends if it decides to take the scenic route.

Interested to hear how the bullet does.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Good lord I hope not! 🤞🏿

I think it’ll do well. It won’t be running upper end speeds but it should be economical and pack a punch.

Reactions: rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
What you thinking 23-2400 fps?

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,344 Posts
At least it kept moving.

Mine usually get to New Orleans 4-5 days before promised delivery date. Then those wonderful postal workers let it sit until it's a day late. Then they send it "out for delivery."

Don't know why they occasionally 'go postal' but I have oft considered doing so because of that.

·
Senior Curmudgeon
567 Posts
The reason we have 2-letter state abbreviations and zip codes (and now barcodes) was so the USPS could deliver mail more efficiently. A friend of mine had a circuit board shipped around the first of July, and the tracking showed "in transit" for 2 weeks until it ended up in Los Angeles instead of Louisiana (not the first time I've heard of this). The label was printed, with the legible zip code and a barcode, but some brain-dead postal worker still confuses a city with a state. The board is again "in transit" and he still hasn't received it 3.5 weeks after shipping.

I had a part shipped in June that I tried to track for 2 weeks that was labeled "in transit" from the day it was shipped until I got a notice that it was delivered in my mailbox.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,670 Posts
At least it's moving around. I had a package go from Atlanta to Memphis to Dallas, sit there 5 wks, then go back to Memphis back to Atlanta then to Jackson and sit for 4 days before being sent to Clinton..

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
My w*fe shipped one of her bottles to southern Kalifornien via Priority Mail about 2 months ago.
It took a vacation in Honolulu first, relaxed for a week, then made it to San Fransicko before finally made in on day 12 to San Diego.

·
Premium Member
12,668 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Good lord I hope not! 🤞🏿

I think it’ll do well. It won’t be running upper end speeds but it should be economical and pack a punch.
Guess you win some......lose some. Won with this one.

Reactions: rigrat

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
Oooo, be casting time soon! I've read that Pwdr coating can handle upwards of 2400 fps.

·
Registered
10,428 Posts
Finally had my first issue with USPS this week. I have packages delivered to my sister's house, so there's someone there to accept them. Had a package due to be delivered Monday, tracking said "delivery location unaccessable" which is pure baloney. Its a gigantic parcel sized mail box right on the street. Same thing Tuesday, and then Wednesday says "held at post office per customer's request". More baloney, since neither she nor I requested that. Seems there was a substitute route driver, got crazy behind, ended up having a mild heat stroke (or so my sister was told when she went to the post office Thursday).

·
Registered
12,498 Posts
Finally had my first issue with USPS this week. I have packages delivered to my sister's house, so there's someone there to accept them. Had a package due to be delivered Monday, tracking said "delivery location unaccessable" which is pure baloney. Its a gigantic parcel sized mail box right on the street. Same thing Tuesday, and then Wednesday says "held at post office per customer's request". More baloney, since neither she nor I requested that. Seems there was a substitute route driver, got crazy behind, ended up having a mild heat stroke (or so my sister was told when she went to the post office Thursday).
I have been getting a lot of that location unaccessible crap lately, and its always a sub driver.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I had a box delivered last week that was "Priority Mail" marked that spent 8 days in the Jackson, MS Regional Center and was sent from Atlanta, GA. It took 13 days from Atlanta to Canton and they wonder why no one wants to use them. I picked USPS as a shipping method because I refuse to use FEDEX after they demanded an NFL team change a name so I guess I'll specify UPS now. UPS seems to be fastest on my MidwayUSA orders.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Vicksburg screwed a package for me recently due to a hand sanitizer explosion that allegedly ruined the to and from address, it’s supposedly in the dead mail place in Jackson but they won’t get it for me.
Recently they seem to be about 2-3 days delayed getting anything delivered from the alleged delivery dates.

My worst mail experiences would be when I lived in Hawaii, Alaska, and the St. Thomas, USVI. The best was being in Bahrain, maybe because it was FPO mail but that stuff came quick!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts