close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mosin buying questions

Discussion in 'Mil-Surp/C&R/Black Powder' started by achancesw, May 14, 2017.

Tags:
  1. achancesw

achancesw Active Member

Reading the sticky, I was reminded that I need to add one to my collection. There are even a few available locally.

Is there a guide of what to look for and how much to pay? Which ones are desired and which are to be avoided?

Local rifles seem to be around $200-$300

2. Rw

Rw Moderator Staff Member

Best thing i can tell you is to go read all you can, way too many variables and intricacies to type out here.
    7.62x54r.net is the best place to start

Fireman104 likes this.

3. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

For a guide to Finns from the Winter War, see Doug Bowser's Rifles of the White Death. This is cited several times in the 2-volume work by Karl-Heinz Wrobel, Drei Linien-Die Gewehre Mosin Nagant. This 2 volume set is a German language reference work for collectors with photographs of virtually every MN rifle known to exist. Extensive explanations of all proof marks, stock marks, and accessories. I have the set & consult it whenever someone asks me a question about an MN for which I do not know the answer.
    Doug is a member of this forum and lives in McComb if you wish to contact him to purchase a copy of his book. Send me a PM if you wish to contact him directly.

oldguns likes this.