Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Best bang for the buck - a great low cost way to cover the 'battle rifle' prep. Good quality milsurp ammo is available for very reasonable prices.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
i'm currently looking to buy a mosin when i find one for decent price.

don't really like to order but haven't seen one in the jackson area. anybody?

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
lazi said:

I bought one last year from World Wide Firearms. They are a regular at the gun shows. It was a bit more expensive, but they had already removed the cosmoline, so it was worth it to me. One guy had a crate of them at the last gun show, but I didn't check his prices.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
steve2112 said:
lazi said:

I bought one last year from World Wide Firearms. They are a regular at the gun shows. It was a bit more expensive, but they had already removed the cosmoline, so it was worth it to me. One guy had a crate of them at the last gun show, but I didn't check his prices.
That guy with the crate will probably be sitting on them for a while, dont think more than one or two has sold yet. That was the second show he has had the same crate at. Every person i saw stop and look at them shook their head and walked off.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
I didn't even ask him the prices (at the last gun show) what manufacture were those and how much was he asking? I ordered one today from Centerfire , I hope it is not a rust trap with a back bored barrel. I will report next week. I bought an M44 Romanian from another member last month, it was pretty rough but I spent a while cleaning and re-crowning it and it actually shot pretty good. I'm hooked.

·
Premium Member
3,960 Posts
Rw said:
That guy with the crate will probably be sitting on them for a while, dont think more than one or two has sold yet. That was the second show he has had the same crate at. Every person i saw stop and look at them shook their head and walked off.
I didn't ask about his prices. He had an M44 on the table that caught my eye, but it wasn't for sale. They didn't look to be anything special, though.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Lazi. TGC north side of Oxford has some Russian 91/30 $160 and some several Chinese carbines $130. Said he was wanting to move them

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
From my reading and personal experience all the cheaper scope mounts for mosins are junk. When i did a mosin scout rifle last year i used the only mount i could find at the time, good thing i ordered two as one snapped in half with less than half the tension they said to put on it in the instructions. I do not remember what brand it was though.

·
Premium Member
13,652 Posts
I ordered a pair of 91/30's from Classic Firearms today. They also have M44's for $229.

·
Premium Member
668 Posts
The 91/30 I got from Centerfire Systems was in good condition with the accessory pack and bayonet.   All serial numbers match except the cleaning rod.  The bore is dark with strong rifling and it actually shoots pretty well with the bulk 147 grain bullets. I want to try some 180 grain bullets.  I am well pleased with this rifle, it doesn't kick too bad and is a blast to shoot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts