Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a 91/30 that I reworked the stock on and cleaned it up real good. Looks great and is a super shooter. Just bought 300 rds of ammo for it the other day over at Mitch's in Hamilton, he did have a case of 91/30's in stock but I didn't see them. Must have sold them. I wish I had another 91/30, they are great rifles to have around.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I have bought over ten of them in the last 4-5 months. I get my from Aim surplus, Buds, and Classic Firearms. I really have got into collecting these things. I love my m38 and m44 both look great. My favorite is the last 2 I ordered. A laminated 91/30 from Classic. The gun was so nice that I ordered another. They are caked in cosmoline but that is fine because I will be putting them up to give to my kids one day or grandkids. The ones I got from Classic came with all the accessories.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
If I'm not mistaken, if you take off the standard sights on a 91/30 you're left with a near-standard dovetail that a weaver mount will fit on. [flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/49iG-i_Mi84" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
dmel75 said:
If I'm not mistaken, if you take off the standard sights on a 91/30 you're left with a near-standard dovetail that a weaver mount will fit on. [flash=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/v/49iG-i_Mi84" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true[/flash]
Last one I tried that on had the sight base soldered on.

·
Registered
13,214 Posts
steve2112 said:
Rw said:
That guy with the crate will probably be sitting on them for a while, dont think more than one or two has sold yet. That was the second show he has had the same crate at. Every person i saw stop and look at them shook their head and walked off.
I didn't ask about his prices. He had an M44 on the table that caught my eye, but it wasn't for sale. They didn't look to be anything special, though.
That guy with the crate still has not sold any of them, crate was still full at the last show. He still has all the over priced "rare" ones as well.

·
Registered
10,817 Posts
Centerfire Systems used to be a lot more prevalent online than they seem to be these days. For a long time they were the best source for things Rock Island (RIA) and had a number of limited production firearms from RIA at fire sale prices (appeared to be affiliated with some sort of RIA sponsored blow-out sale once a year). I have ordered some Rock Islands from them back several years ago, but nothing more recent. They used to appear to be RIA's marketer for testing how well something would do in the market, and many RIA models appeared there first at "intro" prices, including the 1911 9mm/22TCM bundle and the 10MM, along with the match 45 version. I wish I had bought more of those RIA intro bargains and limited production "fire sale" items.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts