Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw a brand new one at a decent price, thinking about getting it. Do the 500 “accessories” such as stock, foregrip, etc fit the 88?

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, I saw online some saying yes, some saying no, some parts yes, some parts no. Wanted to see if anyone here had any real world experience.

Thanks

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
Bas for the price difference I'd get the 88. I have been looking for a 88 -8 shot model. Just haven't found one when I have the money, LOL. The main difference is the trigger housings. The 88 safety is on the trigger housing the Mossberg is on top rear of the rcvr.

Stock , forearm , side saddles, ect should fit, imo.

·
Super Moderator
8,348 Posts
I've owned the 88, the 500 and the 590. Sold the 88, but still have the 500 and 590.
About the only differences I remember between the 88 and 500, is the 500 has a top-tang safety, whereas the 88 had a cross-bolt safety. That makes the 500 preferable to left-handers. Also, I think the 88 had a plastic trigger guard, and the 500 was aluminum. I never changed out forearms or furniture, so I can't speak to that. My 88 had synthetic furniture, and my 500's all had wood. The 590 also has synthetic. I do know the barrels are interchangeable, too.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
??? Come on share ................

Reactions: BasMstr

·
Super Moderator
8,348 Posts
Well, probably not gonna get the 88. Stopped by High Caliber with a buddy so he could get a couple accessories, and something else came home with me.
Pics or it didn't happen . . .

·
μολὼν λαβέ
37,852 Posts
Reactions: BasMstr

·
Registered
11,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Lets us know how it does been wanting a Taurus 357 for a while now. All my Taurus revolvers was good ones.
This is gonna be my "woods-n-water" gun. I'll see which of the loads I developed for Bobcat's 38 and 357 do best in it, but doubt I'll worry about developing any loads other than a good snake killing load for this one.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts