close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mountain Gun vs. dog vomit

Discussion in 'Firearms Gallery' started by Tall Boy, Apr 20, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Tall Boy

Tall Boy Distinguished Poster

The wife and I took a little ride today along a bunch of winding county roads. My 7 year old faithful canine, who has joined me for thousands of miles, came along for the ride. About 1 1/2 hours into the trip he apparently got car sick (for the first time since he was a puppy). And he threw up. Not just a little. His breakfast came up in about a second. Projectile vomiting. Kind of like something from The Exorcist. And, that mongrel unloaded on top of my Mountain Gun which was between the driver's seat and the center console. (My wife almost lost her breakfast, too.)

There was vomit in the holster, the barrel, a couple of chambers of the cylinder. Everywhere. So, after cleaning it up I decided to snap a picture. MountainGun.JPG
    Smith & Wesson Mountain Gun (629-5)
    I wonder how Sum Gy's stuff would have worked on that.

Mesquite, 1010, DEADEYE 1 and 9 others like this.
  2. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

3. Tall Boy

For sure! Acidic stomach acid might have messed with a pretty blued gun.

4. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

You you'd be looking for a bluer right now

5. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

Nice Smitty! Bad dog.

J.B.

6. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Nice pistola. But then I always was partial to 44 caliber Smiths.

7. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

Nice gun...wait, is that some still in the cylinder lock??? :rolleyes: Hope your old dog lived thru the experience! :eek:

8. Tall Boy

The dog is resting comfortably on his memory foam bed right now, thank-you. My granddaughter rescued him from a dumpster. At his annual trip to the vet last week the vet gave him a good report and commented that he seemed to be smart by the way he paid attention to my instruction (sat on the weigh-in scale on command). Vet guess that he's probably got some red healer in him. He's 70 pounds of very well mannered, polite, mongrel. I'm certain that if he'd known the Mountain Gun was there, he would have puked on me instead!
    Tall

Mesquite, 45flattop, Vick and 6 others like this.
  9. Joe S.

Joe S. Distinguished Poster

Clinton
    That's a funny story.

10. charlie2t

charlie2t Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Glad you cleaned it up before you took the picture!

11. DEADEYE 1

DEADEYE 1 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I love my dogs, they are part of my family. They too have got sick but usually on the floor from some critter they have been chewing on. Tigger has gone everywhere with me for 13 years. How does your holster smell now?

12. Tall Boy

It hadn't occurred to me that I should smell it. I think it's okay. It ain't stanking up the whole truck anyway.

13. sigpro2022

sigpro2022 Distinguished Poster

I'm sure if Rover could have talked he would have told you he was sick and you needed to pull over. I bet he held it as long as he could.

14. Just double checking that you took the plate and scales off to make sure nothing got into the works. Hate to rust up the sear and springs. It's been awhile since I looked, but I don't think my M629 internals are stainless.