Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm posting this early in case any of you who are not interested in Cowboy Action Shooting may be interested in this match. It's something new we are going to try and see what kind of response we get. Sort of a cross between CAS, Wild Bunch and 3-gun.

Five stages will be set up and registration will open at 0800 with shooting to start after the 0900 safety
meeting. Match fee is $10 for club members and $15 for non-members.

Have you been wanting to shoot your semi-auto pistol or double-action revolver and work on your
reloads? Do you have a pistol-caliber carbine? How would you like to stoke your Remington 870 or
Mossberg 500 for shotgun targets?

All ammunition must meet SASS requirements: no plated/jacketed/gas check bullets, handgun velocity
must be below 1000 fps, rifle velocity must be below 1400 fps, shotgun size must be number 4 lead
birdshot or smaller (no steel or plated shot), magnum and high velocity shotgun shells are not allowed.

All stages will be set up to run cowboy revolvers, rifles and shotguns – so if that’s what you want to do it
won’t be a problem. But, if you want to try something different, we want you to show up and have fun.

If you want to use a semi-auto pistol for the pistol targets, you’ll need two magazines loaded with 5-
rounds each. If you want to use the same semi-auto pistol for both pistol and rifle targets, you’ll need
two magazines loaded with 5-rounds each (pistol targets) and either one magazine loaded with 10-
rounds or two magazines loaded with 5-rounds each (for the rifle targets).

Double-action revolvers will be loaded with 5-rounds, with the hammer down on an empty chamber.
Speed loaders, if used, will be loaded with 5 rounds.

Semi-auto pistols will be brought to the line with a magazine in place and an empty chamber. At the
beep, the shooter will draw the pistol, chamber a round and engage the targets. The slide must be
locked to the rear prior to movement if shooting from multiple positions. At the end of the shooting
string the slide may be forward or locked back and it may have an empty magazine or no magazine.
After being first charged it is never re-holstered until cleared at the end of the stage by the TO. Pistols
are shown clear on the firing line at the end of the stage prior to holstering.

No concealed carry holsters. Handguns must be worn outside the pants.

Pistol caliber carbines will be brought to the line with a magazine in place and an empty chamber. The
shooter will chamber a round and engage the targets during the course of fire. At the end of the
shooting string the slide may be forward or locked back and it may have an empty magazine or no
magazine. The PCC will be shown clear on the firing line at the end of the stage prior to going to the
unloading table.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
41,412 Posts
Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! Again I'll be working but hope to make the 15th. If you get a chance film some stages and post the link here so those of us that can't make it can see what it was like. Would love to run my S&W M10 , and Mossy pump.

Reactions: Valspar

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you guys are going to have a blast! Again I'll be working but hope to make the 15th. If you get a chance film some stages and post the link here so those of us that can't make it can see what it was like. Would love to run my S&W M10 , and Mossy pump.
Will certainly do my best. As long as I remember the GoPro...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts