MSFOA

Discussion in 'Gun Clubs' started by Chris Boyd, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Distinguished Poster

SW MS
    Not exactly club related, but seemed as good a spot as any to post this thread.

So, while I am a member here of the MS Gun Owners forums, I am not yet a member of the MS State Firearm Owners Association. I recently requested and received from my clubs secretary an application for membership to MSFOA, but before I mail it in, I wanted to try and get some questions answered.

1. There is only a Madison, MS P.O. Box on the application. Does anyone know if the MSFOA has a website or other contact information?

2. The application lists several different membership types and their associated fee. These include Individual(yearly), Club (Shooting or hunting), Youth Org., Corporate:Blue (whatever Blue means), Junior, Silver, Gold. Most of these are self explanatory. I am a partner in a MS LLC. Is that enough to qualify for a corporate membership? Does it differ from an Individual membership? Silver and Gold; what do you get at these membership level? Can anyone here shed some light on this subject?

Thanks for your time.

Cliff731 and jakeg823 like this.
  2. jakeg823

jakeg823 Distinguished Poster

Richland
    @Doug Bowser is or used to be the president I believe. He hasn't been too active on here lately, but maybe someone can point you in the right direction. @Scharfschütze?

3. righttoown

righttoown Distinguished Poster

Captain-03 should be able to answer questions.

4. Chris Boyd

Chris Boyd Distinguished Poster

SW MS
    Doug is who I got the application from. I've already asked him about the Silver/Gold question. He wasn't sure.

5. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

MSFOA hasn´t received the participation or interest that one would think it would get as the "official" NRA State Organization. Send me a PM if you want more detail, would be glad to talk to you about it.

Blondie70 likes this.
  6. TwangBanger

TwangBanger Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'm an MSFOA Life Member. I joined about 10 years ago. I'm not sure that they even offer Life Memberships anymore.

Last time I had a question, I asked @captain-03, and he was able to answer it. I think he's over the membership and records, and can probably answer any questions you have.

7. righttoown

righttoown Distinguished Poster

They still offer individual life for $150 and $15 for 1 year.

Blondie70 likes this.