Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Great photo. Wish I had some of those 60s era M1 toy rifles.
Our poor son had to grow up toting around the real thing that was almost as tall as him.
Guess I was a bad father. ;)
Then there was this US military academy experience.
IMG_0095.JPG
He's front right, he was squad leader. (not sure if that's the right term, Navy guys correct me if I'm using the wrong term. He led them in marches, drill)

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
After that whole "Acceptance Day" ceremony through which his class were no longer Plebes and became Midshipmen, he b*tched and moaned about how "dad I have to carry this d*mn thing with me everywhere and they won't give me a place to shoot it. I had to show the company CO how to disassemble it. WTF?"
Mom was not amused. She said something to the effect of he is SO your son. And it was not meant as a compliment.

·
Registered
5,706 Posts
Alex early with M1.jpg Plebe Z with M1.jpg First one him at the Bogue Chitto aka "Burns" range back when the rifle was as big as he was(pay no mind to the geezer in the background); second having fun as a plebe during indoc (basic) with his nice new haircut, back in 2013. The look on his face speaks volumes about how much fun he was having. He named that M1 "Blondie" due to the blonde stock. He's got his own M1 in the safe now but I think he still misses her.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts