Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,344 Posts
I dug my Carbine from the back of my safe last week and enjoyed shooting it alot!! 250yds and i think thats about its limits :thumbup:

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got mine from SOG and I was very impressed with its condition for only 600 bucks its a steal. I could easily sell it back most likely for at least 800. I love it. But does anyone know where I can find the 30 carbine bullets in the jackson area that are a decent price.

·
Nocturnal Specialties
7,344 Posts
Ha, thats like finding "cheap" .223 bullets..

Best bets would be to go thru the CMP or something like that. They are surely proud of all ammo these days.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Are you looking for bullets or loaded rounds? If you are interested in just the bullets, this place has them for $98 1K ...

http://www.hi-techammo.com/

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
bonedust75 said:
.. it has all matching numbers
in excellent condition in my opinion. Captain I'm sure you'll like this.
I would be interested in knowing what numbers match on the carbine ... pictures are a little fuzzy -- got to like them IBMs!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
nonnieselman said:
Ha, thats like finding "cheap" .223 bullets..

Best bets would be to go thru the CMP or something like that. They are surely proud of all ammo these days.
I would but I want some ammo for the M&G if i can go.

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Is that an SG on the recoil plate? What are the barrel marking .. found just below the front sight?

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
If that is the case, the recoil plate was made by Saginaw Grear out of Saginaw MI. SG also made carbines during WWII. Does the barrel have a date on it below the IBM marking?

Be sure and bring it to the M&G - I would really like to look it over!!

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No the barrel doesnt have a date under I.B.M but I was still surprised that the stock and receiver matched.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
They are cool guns and they are deadly, much more than most think they are and they are very good self-defense guns as well. Easy to shoot and fun to shoot.

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I just want to let everyone know that I talked to Captain last night on the phone and he is the person to talk to about the M1 Carbine. He basically knows everything about them and I highly recommend asking him questions if you have any about that particular firearm. Thank Capt. :bow:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts