Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
I got to play with the MPi5k and MP5A2s that they carry around in München at the police firing range. Lots of fun. Then I got to teach the newbies at the Bezirk how to disassemble them. They were all astonished that a private citizen in the USA was allowed to own one. I miss mine, had to sell years ago. Mine, too, was a Fleming conversion of my HK 94, with a German 3-lug barrel and the flap mag release. Sweet. Wish I still had it. Had a boatload of German police magazines, mostly the old straight stick mags, that flew home with me. Couldn't do that anymore, you would be flagged going through customs. Amazing what I came home with in the 80s & 90s... :rolleyes:
I let the new recruits clean them after we ran them for a few hours, while my officer friends and I enjoyed our lunch. ;)

·
Registered
9,238 Posts
I got to play with the MPi5k and MP5A2s that they carry around in München at the police firing range. Lots of fun. Then I got to teach the newbies at the Bezirk how to disassemble them. They were all astonished that a private citizen in the USA was allowed to own one. I miss mine, had to sell years ago. Mine, too, was a Fleming conversion of my HK 94, with a German 3-lug barrel and the flap mag release. Sweet. Wish I still had it. Had a boatload of German police magazines, mostly the old straight stick mags, that flew home with me. Couldn't do that anymore, you would be flagged going through customs. Amazing what I came home with in the 80s & 90s... :rolleyes:
I let the new recruits clean them after we ran them for a few hours, while my officer friends and I enjoyed our lunch. ;)
ETA: The MPi5SD was really fun, sounded like someone spitting really loud. The integral / dedicated suppressor worked very well, but man was it filthy after about 500 or 700 rds.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts