Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SP101 2.25" 357

Plans are to send her to Gemini Customs for some bead blasting, hydra-porting and some trigger work....Oh yeah and moon clipped...........

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
Nice, got one myself. What do they do to accept moon clips, recess the cylinder? How do those moon clips hold up. I use H&K speedloaders they hold up well. The arm doesn't swing out enough for a clean reload, kind of have to go in at an angle.

·
Premium Member
13,544 Posts
Nice gun. How's the recoil?

·
Registered
6,622 Posts
22lrfan said:
Nice gun. How's the recoil?
Kicks like a mule with hi-power .357's but you won't even notice when the rubber meets the road. Solid gun. Got several snubbies but that'd be the last one to go.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It pretty smooth actually, but I still cant hit chit out past 5 feet. I've got to get off my butt and send it off for porting and beadblasting and some sights.....thanks for the comments it's a sure fine shooter...

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
My favorite lil gun on the market at this time. Trade ya an s&w 642 for it? :)

Why the bead blasting? Is that to dull it down? And why moon clips? Is that for 38 spl, or to allow you to shoot 9mm in it?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Joe the bead blasting gives it a nice satin look mainly for ease of keeping it looking good. Hell to polish or at least it looks like it would be. The moon clips are just another alternative to speed loaders and strips. Gemini Customs has a nice set of packages for the SP101's. Check out their site and you'll see. Besides hard chrome is like $300.

·
Registered
9,193 Posts
See if you trade it to me for my 642 you don't have to pay to have it beadblasted, cause mine is already satin. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts