Mississippi Gun Owners banner

My new savage markII

3K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  Rw 
#1 ·
I sold my older one today to pay for the upgrade to this(the green stock), i had wanted a stainless one... but dicks had this one on sale and i couldnt pass it up because i really liked the o.d green stock which is a dicks exclusive from what i gather. I also liked the fluted barrel once i saw it(i had wanted a plain bull barrel). The scopes decent quality for a generic chi-com, it will eventually get replaced with a better one. Edit... went by my favorite pawn shop today and found a deal i couldnt refuse on another markII(black one).

See less See more
#2 ·
I like that green. I'm like you, would love to get one in SS but that don't look bad at all. They didn't act like you got the last one did theyt? Wasn't wild about Dick's last time I went there. Waited at the gun counter and no one came, I just walked off after about 10 minutes.
Just bought a rifle today, recon taking the wife out to eat too buys me a couple links off the chain to get another one on the same weekend?

#3 ·
The madison store so far has been real good about waiting on me, this was my second trip out there... now i wont be going back to the other store at all. I called out there first to see what they had, guy answered the phone on the second ring, and he actually knew his products... you know how rare that is in retail nowdays? thats rarer than a pro gun liberal. The total purchase, from me walking in to checking out took about 15 minutes... thats a record for me buying a gun at a retail store.

#7 ·
i just put it back together...took the bolt out and polished/deburred it. Feels even better now, plus it will smooth out more after cycling a few hundred times. If its not raining tomorrow ill go to magnolia and sight it in. The accutrigger is impressive, trigger pull on this is less than half of the one it replaced.

#13 ·
Well I have another mark II now, found one at my favorite pawn shop... Can't pass up a deal I guess. I'll post a picture of it when I get home later.

Edit... updated picture to include the one that followed me home today.

#14 ·
very nice upgrade. personally i think you will like that better than ss the reason i say that is because i one with a blued barrel and synthetic stock and i also have one with a custom laminated stock custom fluted ss barrel and when ever i open the gun safe i always grab the plain one cause i am so scared i am going to hurt or scratch the "pretty one" ha

#15 ·
I hate wood stocks for that very reason, i would have synthetic on all my guns if i could restock some of them. My next project gun will be a mossberg 500 nickel plated to make it a copy of the marine version. The green heavy barreled gun may end up getting plated too.

#16 ·
Yeah, after we talked and I saw your pic's and my receipt, it's the same one. I saw the manual and that's where I got the "cub" and five others on the manual. It has the FVXP on the box but /N is only on the receipt. They had four when I left on sale.
If I do shoot tomorrow and it patterns well, I'll put that Leupold scope on it and put that cheaper one on a cheaper gun.
Have to bring some tools to get to that accutrigger since I can't dry fire it without some spent shells.
Hope it shoots as well as it looks.

#20 ·
I havent sighted it in yet, whenever ive had time to go to magnolia its started raining. The scopes only boresighted now, its close but not perfect. What should have been a headshot on a tree rat earlier only parted his hair. I may go down there in a little while.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.