close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My newest: Viking Utility Seaxe and Sheath

Discussion in 'Blades' started by Scharfschütze, Feb 9, 2018.

1. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

My w*fe has great taste in knives, firearms (but not in men, she married me). This is a "Viking Utility Seaxe and Sheath", hand-forged, handmade leather-wrapped grip and handmade sheath embossed with Mjölnir. A surprise present for me. This small seaxe (5" edge, 6 1/4" blade, 10 1/2" OAL) has a good weight for its size, sits well in the hand.
    IMG_1483.JPG IMG_1484.JPG

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  2. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Send a PM if you want a source; I do not want to insult our paying sponsors by giving anyone free advertising.

sigpro2022, Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.

3. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep JEEP MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Awesome. That right there's a knife. It may not cut or khill but I bet it sure will poke/spear. PM inbound

sigpro2022 and Mesquite like this.
  4. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Oh it will go pretty deep with a 5" edge (sharp as a razor) and 6 1/4" total blade; blade's long enough to go into pretty much any organ, and weight distribution is nice. I'm buying a full-sized Seaxe from the same smith soon, but this one is thick & heavy enough to chop down small trees.

sigpro2022, Jarhead5811 and Mesquite like this.
  5. HotRod61

HotRod61 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

That’s one cool looking knife. Your wife has good taste in knifes. Don’t sell yourself short. Your wife has good taste in men. Your good breeding stock. Don’t you have a ensign? Lol

para40, sigpro2022 and Scharfschütze like this.
  6. Scharfschütze

Scharfschütze Waffennarr

Yup and a daughter doing GOD's work with 1st grade Special Ed kids in a self-contained class, she has to teach them EVERY subject. And just heard they all made 100% growth. That, my friends, is a calling close akin to the priesthood.
    Aside from linguistics (my meager talent on loan from GOD) I attribute their abilities to Dr. Z (aka my w*fe) ;)

para40, sigpro2022, CajunBP and 3 others like this.
  7. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

My wife is a Speech Language Pathologist at an elementary school and could empathize 100% with your daughter. She is disgusted with the system and is working part-time at the hospital. She may not renew her school contract and go full-time. I showed her this string and she said "God bless her." I was also secretly hoping she noticed the knife and she would be encouraged to be a nice wife like yours!

8. HotRod61

HotRod61 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Show her the thread again with your post. Lol

Scharfschütze likes this.