Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here it is. A Ruger MK2 with a 2" barrel and threaded for a suppressor.

Why? Well...it started out life when some idiot made a statement that caused a run on not only guns...but ammo too. All of a sudden .22 ammo was gone. No where to be found. Kaput. Gonzo.

Subsonic stuff was even harder to find. The nice quiet stuff loved by suppressors of every kind. Instead of the POP that most rounds made, the subsonic was more of a Phhhhhtttttt.

I set out to make a barrel in a length that never would allow any supersonic round to achieve its potential. Meaning that the barrel was too short to allow enough powder burn for it to go supersonic.
An added advantage was that the short barrel with a suppressor attached, could now be mounted in any holster meant for a 6" bull barreled pistol.

So now we have a pistol that is accurate out to 25 yards, that functions with anything( as long as it is kept clean) and it quiet too.

I've been making a bunch of them for others . It's sits in my lap when deer hunting. No more pesky squirrels bothering me anymore.
Here's a look...

·
Registered
9,510 Posts
I might have gone on and mounted the front sight out on the suppressor...the longer sight radius might help accuracy a little. Dropping the velocity of high-speed .22's via a short barrel is an interesting concept.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,958 Posts
That's interesting, never seen a Ruger with the barrel cut that short. A S&W 2214 would work too,smaller, lighter and wouldn't have to cut the barrel.

·
Registered
224 Posts
By far the coolest thing I have seen in this section in a long time. For suppressor work couldn't think of any thing better would like to see some targets shot with it.

·
Premium Member
13,200 Posts
I like that. I've got an extra MkII upper that will be perfect for this. I just need my suppressor to come in. Still have a couple months to go. Also have an extra Burris Fastfire so I won't have to worry about the front sight.

Reactions: Blondie70
1 - 11 of 11 Posts