close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

My thoughts on November.

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by Jarhead5811, May 8, 2016.

1. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

I have avoided making long post in other people's political discussions because I didn't want it to appear that I was attacking them or their beliefs. I enjoy political discussions but being my heart is no longer tied to a political party I have a drastically different outlook than most people.

I believe in the non-aggression principal (or axiom) that is to say that I believe it is wrong to initiate the use of force to make someone do something or stop them from doing something that isn't harming or likely to harm others. Unless they have first initiated, or threatened to initiate force that threatens or harms someones Liberty, leave them the hell alone. Basically, leave me alone and I'll leave you alone. Initiate violence, to include credible threats of violence, toward me, and mine, and I'll defend myself with every and all means available.

Given my beliefs I've effectively just about become almost completely politically agnostic. By politically agnostic I mean I have come to realize that our vote means very little, if anything at all. Money is where the real political power lies. The advertising, and less legitimate influence, it buys is what really drive elections and favors from whoever wins them. I also see very little actual difference, in actions, between the "R"s and "D"s. Yes, the "R"s tell pleasant lies (small government, individual liberty, etc.) but they never really follow through. Even when they had majorities in both the senate and house along with W in the whitehouse, they didn't follow through on their rhetoric.

I believe elections are just a way to give you the illusion that your vote matters and that you have some real say in the political process. I think the events of the last year have exposed how the parties really control the options the people have a chance to vote on. Keeping people involved, and believing in, the corrupt system that uses them as little more than tax cattle, is a distraction to keep you from looking at the man behind the curtain.

I have a serious question for the MSGO get out the vote crowd: Do ya'll really think there is a chance that Hillary has a chance to win Mississippi? Really? Well, I don't. That being tha case, I believe, ya'll are really getting worked up over nothing. If you think Hillary has a chance in Mississippi please realize that Carter was the last Dem to carry the state and he barely did it. Before him it was Adlai Stevenson in 1956! (1960 was a whole different mess for the state that is worth reading about if you care to look it up.)

The real fight will be in swing states. If you really wanted to be in that fight giving to the campaigns, or their PACs, would likely be the only real way to do it.

Clinton could possibly win the general, at this point, I seriously doubt she will, but like I said; I believe there is no chance in hell that she'll carry Mississippi.

While I'm tempted to stay home in November, I currently plan on voting Libertarian Party in the general. It's my way of supporting the party that is the closest to my political beliefs. I'm far more extreme in my anti-government beliefs than them but they are as close to my belifs as anyone you'll find on a ballot.

If I thought Hillary had a snowball's chance in hell of winning Mississippi I would probably have to hold my nose and vote the the douche (Trump) as opposed to the Turd Sandwich (Clinton).

Please don't missunderstand me. I actually dislike Trump less than the other candidates the GOP had running but only because he is the outsider and is upsetting the establishment apple cart.

Now, in spite of all of the above, I must say this has been a very entertaining year for national politics. I was hoping for two contested conventions and a real mess but I'm still hoping something happens to cause the Clinton/Sanders thing to go all the way to the convention.

maxhush, phillipd, Blondie70 and 6 others like this.
  2. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

While I do agree with most of your post, I am not willing to take that chance to let Killary possibly win Mississippi. Therefore I will vote in November, even though like you stated, It's probably just a feel good move.

3. mascott

4. Jarhead5811

Funny, I started this post as a response to that thread but it got too big. So, I started a new thread.

5. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

Any third party vote will basically be a vote for the demoncraps! By doing this the republicraps get to keep their money and power. It's time we tell the established politicians and all the other blood suckers we the American people are tired of business as usual!!!

6. mascott

NO CONSERVATIVE WILL EVER BE GOOD ENOUGH FOR EVERYONE!

BasMstr, para40, rigrat and 1 other person like this.
  7. Jarhead5811

Well, no it's not the same as a vote for a Democrat. If I don't vote it's a neutral act. If I vote for a third party it'll be a vote neither Hillary or the Donald gets. Still neutral when it comes to those two. So worst case scenario it's like a half vote neither gets. Like I said a neutral act but at least it'll show there is a libertarian vote out there that these idiots couldn't get.

Nobody has earned my vote. I don't owe these a--holes anything. The GOP is not somehow deserving of my vote by the fact they don't self identify as democrats. I voted for the lesser of two evils for over twenty years but I'm done. Also, like I said, there's practically zero chance a dem will carry Mississippi, anyway.

maxhush, Blondie70, jakeg823 and 3 others like this.
  8. mascott

I don't blame you. You should vote for who you wish. We just haven't completely given up on someone only because they have the R after their name. I AM CLOSE ALTHOUGH!!! I will vote for Trump but if it does not work out these next 4-8 years I will be finished! Republican party better wise up!! HELLS COMING AND IT'S BRINGING CONSERVATIVES WITH HIM!

9. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

I am already there after Cochroach and the way the GOP has done so far in this campaign and while holding the Congress.

Worthless all of them , just peas in the same pod.

10. Jarhead5811

That's a big HUGE part of the problem. Conservatives don't change things, they fight to keep the status quo. Well, the status quo is AFU and they only want to talk about fixing it. They bitch about gay marriage when there are far more pressing issues. A monetary collapse is inevitable but nobody will even talk about it. Let's bitch about the queers or how many vacations the retard in chief takes but never address anything that really matters.
    The Republicans are as much, if not more, to blame than the democrats. They almost destroyed their own party just to keep an independent thinker from getting in. I don't think Trump is a good guy but he sure as hell is independent.

Hell, they threw the last two elections by picking limp dick candidates. If they'd have had their way we'd have damn Jeb Bush running against Hillary. These aren't the acts of people that want to change anything.

maxhush, phillipd, jakeg823 and 4 others like this.
  11. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

jarhead if'n you run Ill vote for you. To me you make allot of sense in all this election stupidity.

maxhush, phillipd, jakeg823 and 2 others like this.
  12. sand_man

sand_man Grouchy Old Fart MSGO Supporter

When the Hildebeast gets in and all the judges are libtards they will do away with the 2nd. They will gut the Constitution to suit the left. All the illegals will get everything the bloated government can offer. Christianity will be all but outlawed. Vote for your third party or stay home. Just don't bitch about anything when this happens. YOU and your decision helped bring it about.

13. Jarhead5811

I couldn't get elected dog catcher. The only promise I'd make is to do everything in my power to shutdown every government agency possible. Everybody wants their "free" (stolen more like it) sh...stuff and anybody that admitted that they would end it would crash and burn early on.

A greedy stupid electorate is another huge part of the problem. It would probably take a die off to get people to realize that TANSTAAFL. Realizing that the welfare recipients aren't the only problem is another problem with the Republican electorate. Farm subsidies, massive military industrial contracts are just as wrong as welfare and far more money is spent on farm subsidies alone than welfare. Stolen money is no less stolen because it was given to your pet cause. Besides, subsidies distort the market and cause weird things to happen. Then when the market tries to correct itself everyone wants to blame capitalism.

Besides, I wouldn't want it, even if I were assured of the power it would require to do it. I don't desire power over others.

Heck, I'd better go to bed, gotta work tonight. G'nite ya'll!

maxhush, Sneaky, Blondie70 and 3 others like this.
  14. Jarhead5811

If Hillary wins Mississippi I'll eat my hat.

If she wins in spite of losing Mississippi my actions had exactly zero impact either way!

15. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

No, voting is just a feel good measure the establishment lets you do to keep you pacified. It doesn't matter at all who you vote for it has little to nothing to do with who gets elected or how this country is going to go here forward.

I can't see where the Repubs or the Dems have done anything to better anything. The Dems want it the Repubs pass it, as they sure don't stop it.

maxhush, chris_k and Jarhead5811 like this.
  16. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

You need to be counsel to the President , mayeb they would learn something.

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  17. Jarhead5811

I think talking sense to them would be a good way to get disappeared :p.

Zzzzzzzzzzz.

maxhush, 45flattop and rigrat like this.
  18. rigrat

rigrat Semper Fi

LOL, you could be very right on that one.:eek:

maxhush likes this.
  19. O.S.O.K.

O.S.O.K. Distinguished Poster

Our votes do indeed count. Collectively when we band together and get behind a candidate, they matter tremendously.

I'm not a Trump fan but I'm going to vote for him. I've not heard or seen anything that will cause me to vote for Hitlery instead of Trump.

The fact that she's not in prison right now drives this opinion. If she doesn't get indicted and convicted of the many crimes that she's perpetrated, then having her as POTUS would be basically the end of America. We'll have a hard enough time with Trump or anyone else in that spot, given the current and ongoing situation.

Further, I fully expect Russia to attack us some time in the near future. We must have a POTUS that will strengthen our military and hit back with everything we have when it comes.