Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
"Bitter Clinger"
198 Posts
Class act. Classy First Lady -- unlike some "more recent" ones.

Another chance for the Obamas (plural) to not attend an important funeral (e.g., Justice Scalia & Baroness Thatcher). A good assignment for VP "Shotgun Joe" and Jill Biden ...

·
MSGO Court Jester
36,865 Posts
Sorry to hear this...she represented the U.S. like a First Lady should...nothing like the current monster.
FIFY

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Mrs. Nancy Reagan!!!! What more can be said!!! You were an inspiration to so many and will be missed by the many who loved and respected you. Go to GOD he is waiting with open arms to welcome you!!

·
"Bitter Clinger"
198 Posts
I have to give credit where credit is due: the Obama White House Press Office "got it right" with its press release on the passing of former First Lady Nancy Reagan. And the flag issue too.

This time. (The WH press release and flag proclamation re: Mrs. Reagan were probably both sitting "on the shelf" for a few years ...)

Statement from White House on Nancy Reagan’s death - The Boston Globe

Presidential Proclamation -- Nancy Reagan

That being said, I note that the Bidens are in the Middle East/Gulf States (and NOT the Gulf of Mexico, and not "golf") on a state visit.

Guess we'll have to wait and see who/how many/what level attend her funeral.

·
"Bitter Clinger"
198 Posts
I will now "eat my crow" - Mrs. Obama will attend Nancy Reagan's funeral.
Nancy Reagan funeral plans announced

[The presidential "optics" would be very bad if she didn't, I suppose.]

·
"Bitter Clinger"
198 Posts
I have to give credit where credit is due: the Obama White House Press Office "got it right" with its press release on the passing of former First Lady Nancy Reagan. And the flag issue too.

This time. (The WH press release and flag proclamation re: Mrs. Reagan were probably both sitting "on the shelf" for a few years ...)

Statement from White House on Nancy Reagan’s death - The Boston Globe

Presidential Proclamation -- Nancy Reagan
That being said, I note that the Bidens are in the Middle East/Gulf States (and NOT the Gulf of Mexico, and not "golf") on a state visit.

Guess we'll have to wait and see who/how many/what level attend her funeral.

I KNEW it! "(President) Obama to skip Nancy Reagan's Funeral to Attend Music Festival"

Obama to skip Reagan’s funeral, will attend SXSW

So much for those White House "optics" ...

No class, no respect and no manners. (Sorry about the rant!)

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
I am sure the Reagan family is quite relieved and happy about it! :D Who would want him to attend their funeral?

·
"Bitter Clinger"
198 Posts
I am sure the Reagan family is quite relieved and happy about it! :D Who would want him to attend their funeral?
True, but First Lady Michelle Obama is still scheduled to attend Nancy Reagan's funeral.

(Pick your poison, right?)

·
"Bitter Clinger"
198 Posts
So speaking at a trade show is higher on his list of priorities than attending the funeral of a popular and widely respected First Lady. Stay classy, Barry.

Trade show? The NY daily news article said that SXSW was a "music and arts festival" in (lib/prog) Austin, TX. Otherwise, Texans probably wouldn't want him there either ... At least it wasn't for a tee time at Joint Base Andrews.

In any case -- if the article *is* true -- perhaps Mrs. Reagan herself (before her death) "just said NO" to inviting Pres. Obama to her funeral ... She knew.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts