Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure I’d call it gunsmithing, considering how simple it is. But it went together easy and ran as it should in between rains this afternoon.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
Nice been thinking about getting one to have a full size grip for my G17.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Nice been thinking about getting one to have a full size grip for my G17.
looks like I ordered it just in time. Might have to find another source. But at least it was on sale for $99

·
μολὼν λαβέ
38,417 Posts
Yep those are going to go away real quick.

Reactions: 2A_1791

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Super Moderator
8,482 Posts
I think it would be a really "fun" project . . . and I see the appeal of having an "untraceable gun, but personally, I can't justify the cost with my budget.

I researched them a year or two ago, and the cost for the additional parts required to make it a fully functional pistol were more than I could afford at the time. By the time I bought the Polymer80 kit, plus a barrel, slide, trigger, sights, etc., I could get an "untraceable" gun much cheaper by just buying a used Glock from some dude in a back alley. Plus, considering my meager (almost non-existent) mechanical abilities, mine would probably be plagued with FTF and FTE issues from the jump.

Reactions: onlymaroonmatters

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
I'm with you. I bought one, and when I started looking at prices for all the pieces to finish it, I probably could have bought a brand new one cheaper. Maybe if I get some used parts it will be cheaper, but then I don't know what will work and what won't work.

Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
FWIW, if you have an early 2 pin Gen 3, just skip drilling the frame for the top pin, and you can use your slide stop from the 2 pin frame.

Reactions: rigrat
1 - 10 of 10 Posts