Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired an HK45c. I have been looking around the internet for a few days now, but my Google-fu appears to have failed me this time. I am looking for a good weapon light and an IWB holster for said pairing. I know a standard size light like a Streamlight TLR-1 wont fit, as I've tried, there is not enough space with the rail and the trigger guard. Seeking recommendations, and advice? Experience with this gun and a holster/light?

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,520 Posts
Reactions: Megiddo

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Try this for a mounting solution:
HK USP Pistol Flashlight Adapter, HK rail adapter

Should give you some options. It’s a nice gun, buy a nice light.

As far as holsters, there are thousands of makers. They open and shut down on a daily basis these days. If you don’t see your gun listed, try shooting them an email asking if they can get a mold.
The adapter is for a USP, which doesn’t have a picatinny rail. This is the HK45, which already has a standard picatinny rail. There merely isn’t enough space to use certain large lights like the TLR. Good idea about the holster though, I may have to go custom

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was editing my post to add the holster info when you posted.
Well, I looked at that one and it looks good, the green one is definitely pricier than the red. The thing is, I really don't even use lasers, so the light is all I really need. Do they make one with just the light?

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,520 Posts
Well, I looked at that one and it looks good, the green one is definitely pricier than the red. The thing is, I really don't even use lasers, so the light is all I really need. Do they make one with just the light?
I'm not sure.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,796 Posts
The adapter is for a USP, which doesn’t have a picatinny rail. This is the HK45, which already has a standard picatinny rail. There merely isn’t enough space to use certain large lights like the TLR. Good idea about the holster though, I may have to go custom
Your original post says "HK45c". Isn't that a compact?

Your quote above says is is a "HK45".

I'm confused.

I have a HK45 Compact with a light and you are right: the rail is not a standard picatinny.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I
Your original post says "HK45c". Isn't that a compact?

Your quote above says is is a "HK45".

I'm confused.

I have a HK45 Compact with a light and you are right: the rail is not a standard picatinny.
It is the compact. I thought that since I had already stated it was the compact I could just now refer to it as HK45 in comparison to other guns. Sorry for the confusion lol. What light is on yours?

·
10,796 Posts
I

It is the compact. I thought that since I had already stated it was the compact I could just now refer to it as HK45 in comparison to other guns. Sorry for the confusion lol. What light is on yours?
Looks like I have a "HK Tactical MK II" light. I have had it a long time. It fits the HK 45c rail and works great, but it sticks out in front. It has a momentary ON and a stay ON switch and a separate ON/OFF selector switch.

I think they are no longer made.

The manual says that the MK II fits the full size and compact HK 45 but the original (not MK II) only fits the full size,
20190511_064124_resized.jpg
20190511_064456_resized.jpg
20190511_065038_resized.jpg

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
One of the options I found was the Streamlight TLR3. Good price at around $70, but only 100 lumens. Then, i discovered the TLR7 and the new TLR8. 7 runs at $100, but is 500 lumens instead. 8 is basically the same, but with the addition of a green laser for another 50 bucks. All are "compact" units that would work with this gun. Now I just have to decide how much I actually need a laser, as I'm debating between the TLR7 and TLR8...

Attachments

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
One of the options I found was the Streamlight TLR3. Good price at around $70, but only 100 lumens. Then, i discovered the TLR7 and the new TLR8. 7 runs at $100, but is 500 lumens instead. 8 is basically the same, but with the addition of a green laser for another 50 bucks. All are "compact" units that would work with this gun. Now I just have to decide how much I actually need a laser, as I'm debating between the TLR7 and TLR8...
I prefer Surefire when possible and financially feasible, but I love streamlight. Personally, I couldn’t possibly care less about a laser on a pistol. To each his own though.

·
10,796 Posts
I absolutely LOVE a laser on a handgun.

I might buy one of the Streamlights with a laser for my HK 45c

ETA: Oops. The video show above installation on a H&K 45c. Mine is an H&K USP 45c.

The USP does not have the Picatinny rail---just grooves on each side.

Not sure the Streamlight would fit mine.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I absolutely LOVE a laser on a handgun.

I might buy one of the Streamlights with a laser for my HK 45c

ETA: Oops. The video show above installation on a H&K 45c. Mine is an H&K USP 45c.

The USP does not have the Picatinny rail---just grooves on each side.

Not sure the Streamlight would fit mine.
It wouldn’t fit, you would have to get one of the picatinny adapters for the USP. However, Streamlight does offer the TLR3 with a USP-specific mount. That light is only 100 lumens though

I ended up going with the TLR7, as I don’t really need the laser. Found a company that made a custom IWB holster for that specific pairing, so got it on the way too

1 - 19 of 19 Posts