Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Thank a veteran.
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Panzer AR12 should be in around the middle or end of the month. I’d like a decent red dot that won’t break the bank. I’m debating on the bushnell TRS-25. Any recommendations?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,010 Posts
Romeo 5 or if you want to go on the cheap Sport Field.

·
Registered
915 Posts
2nd for Holosun. Good bang for buck

·
Registered
4,632 Posts
I got a Bushnell TRS 25 from amazon a couple of months ago for my AR "pistol". Happy with it, around $65 or so IIRC. I'd buy another if I had need of a non-magnified red dot.

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
8,992 Posts
If go with the little bushnell then you might as well save even more and get the field sport on eBay for $20. It's basically the same thing just no ugly logo on the side making it cost more.

Guess maybe the bushnell costs more is you're paying for some form of warranty possibly. Though for only $20 you can always buy two extra to have on hand lol

·
Rational Anarchist
13,829 Posts
I’d get a Holosun. The Sigs seem almost the same in price and quality but the four Holosuns I have have excellent positive clicks but the only Sig Romeo I have messed with (sighting in someone else’s rifle) only had solid clicks on the elevation adjustment, but the windage was mushy with no clicks. ...or perhaps it was vice versa? Either way is unacceptable, for me.

Reactions: jakeg823

·
Thank a veteran.
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’d get a Holosun. The Sigs seem almost the same in price and quality but the four Holosuns I have have excellent positive clicks but the only Sig Romeo I have messed with (sighting in someone else’s rifle) only had solid clicks on the elevation adjustment, but the windage was mushy with no clicks. ...or perhaps it was vice versa? Either way is unacceptable, for me.
Picked up a Romeo 5 for $150.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts