Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Mateba 6 Unica Auto-Revolver that need new grips. I have been looking online for at least a year and nothing has popped up. I know this will be like winning the lottery,but I'll keep looking.

In the meantime, I was wondering if there were any custom grip makers out there that could take the pieces I have, glue them together and either 3-D another set or carve a set out of a block of wood as the grip is a one piece design. Or even make a mold and make some rubber grips.

Any information wold be greatly appreciated. The grips on the larger caliber pistols were/are known to break. So I am hoping that someone has done this before or has some insight. Thanks in advance.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,715 Posts
You might try to contact KN Nill-Griffe in Germany, who makes custom revolver and pistol grips... a few links below that might help...

Nill Griffe Shop

Contact

Reactions: Mesquite

·
Registered
34 Posts
Try matebafan.com if you have not already. He has a line on a gunsmith that will work on those Unicorns, so possibly he might be able to point you in the direction of someone that help on the grips.

A long shot possibility is hitting up some of the grip companies to see if they would be interested in using your gun as a "template" to get all the measurements needed to make the grips. I don't know if any would be interested, but if one had the measurements and scans to do the grips, they would have the market (albeit tiny) cornered.

Regardless, good luck on the search.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,397 Posts
Wonder if the Chiappa Rhino grips will fit, look similar and both guns were designed by same guy.

Reactions: 94LEVERFAN
1 - 5 of 5 Posts