Need to rent a room

Discussion in 'North Mississippi' started by onlymaroonmatters, May 13, 2018.

1. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Will be attending a dry needling CEU course in Oxford Thursday night through Sunday, August 2-5 and 9-12. Wondering if anyone might could put a brother up. I'm super clean and quiet. Just need a bed and bathroom, preferably not a couch but I've got aleve if need be for my back. Don't have to feed me either. Will be arriving late on Thursday and getting up early each day. Still have not been informed exactly where the course is being held. I have never been to Oxford so no idea what's where. I've looked on Air B&B and wasn't impressed. Hotel wise it will be about $250 per weekend so figured I'd try here before I book something.
    Thanks guys
    Stephen

PS
    Will offer free needling lol

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  2. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

OMM... You might want to revise your thread title... as you really ain't looking for a "couch"... you just wanna "borrow" one for a few nights!!! :)

This is good ol' fashioned "Southern Hospitality" at its finest... an honored tradition with us Southerners!!!

:101010::101010::101010:

Edit for p.s. - I had to go look up "dry needling"... had no idea whatsoever what it was!!!

If it does indeed work well, we likely have a few folks suffering from chronic pain issues who would cheerfully volunteer to be "pin cushions" for practice!!!

Mesquite, para40 and Quickeye like this.

3. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    Ha good point cliff. Title changed, as I have a good couch for now lol.
    Yeah I'm hoping I can find somebody willing to put me up. Rather give a brother member here some money than a corporation plus the added friendship.
    It's along The lines of acupuncture. It does great for most folks. Have three other therapist that are certified in it already and they stick folks all the time. Not necessarily looking forward to being stuck just about everywhere, but that's what it takes to do it on someone else. And I never ask my patients to do anything that I haven't already done and/or can't do.

4. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
    Wife is going thru needling now,
    seem to help.
    And I will attest to Stephen's character,
    he is good to go.
    FWIW

5. Cliff731

Stephen... if I lived anywhere in the Oxford area... you would be welcome to "borrow" my sofa... or my extra bedroom!!!

"mi casa es tu casa"... :)

All that needle sticking doesn't look too "pleasant" of an experience, but for chronic pain sufferers, it's likely worth a try!!!

A wise and smart man rarely argues with positive results... no matter what the "process"!!! :101010::101010::101010:

phillipd likes this.
  6. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    Yeah I remember you saying something about that awhile back when I was over there working on my shotgun. Hope she continues to get better. Awe shucks thanks Mr. Kelly.

Thank you sir. There are sites that you won't even feel it and there are some where it could be quite unpleasant. Those are the ones I most dread in the class, especially by someone I've never met before, but it's all good.

phillipd, Jarhead5811 and Cliff731 like this.
  7. Cliff731

Good luck, Stephen... Godspeed and may your newly acquired skills and expertise be of real and genuine benefit to someone out there!!! :)

phillipd likes this.
  8. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

OMM,
    If we figure out a place for my son you can crash with him, he won't mind a bit...but he can't cook.

9. Cliff731

Do those "sorority row" houses up there at Oxford "rent" out extra rooms for a night??? o_O

Okay... yeah, I know... scratch that one, folks... it was just a passing thought!!! :p

10. onlymaroonmatters

Laurel
    Thank you sir. Yes indeed, it's all to help other folks.

Oh yeah I saw your thread about an apartment. Yeah that would be great. Ha no worries, I can hold my own in a kitchen, but I'm very good at ordering take out. Dinner every night is on me if works out. Thank you

11. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

He was looking to sleep...
    ;)

phillipd and Cliff731 like this.
  12. CajunBP

CajunBP Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

And stay married!

13. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

That too.

phillipd, Cliff731 and Mesquite like this.
  14. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

OMM. Might look @ Kyle State Park.
    Stayed there years back, was nice.
    Don't remember drive to Oxford being to far.
    Have fishing:).

phillipd and Cliff731 like this.
  15. gutdoc

gutdoc Distinguished Poster

I haven’t used this place, but I know people that have used it with no complaints. The drive isn’t bad, but someone local may give better recs. I think this is the link, but it’s the State run cabins at Enid Lake.

MDWFP - Vacation Cabins

16. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    It would be a bit of a commute, but I have a place in Columbus you could stay

17. Cliff731

"Possum Town" is always a nice place to visit!!! :)

Old Hickory Steak House is there!!! ;) :101010:

phillipd likes this.
  18. phillipd

columbus
    Old Hickory is good, but Huck's makes it look like burger king

Cliff731 likes this.
  19. Cliff731

Phillip... I appreciate the "heads up" on this. It's been a few years since I enjoyed a steak at Old Hickory!!! :)

phillipd likes this.
  20. phillipd

columbus
    Good, but nothing like 20 years ago. Unfortunately neither is Golden Horn. Both still have a fairly decent steak that is fine for a one nighter quicky date, but if you want something long term, take her to Huck's

Cliff731 likes this.