Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
I read the old King James. It's not because I'm one of these old-school Baptists who think you'll go to Hell for reading anything else. I just like the way the wording flows and the challenging vocabulary. I also like to reference other translations including the Geneva Bible.

·
Registered
6,206 Posts
NIV or NLT for me though, I often refer to KJV and even The Message.

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,161 Posts
King James, New King James, NLV. It depends a lot on the particular passage. If I don't quite understand it in KJ, I'll go to one of the others.

·
Super Moderator
7,010 Posts
For in-depth study, I prefer the NASB, ESV, or the KJV (along with a Strong's Concordance). I have the Tecarta Bible App on my phone and Kindle tablet that is really nice. For leisure and casual reading, I prefer the NIV, or NLT. I also like the Message sometimes for comparative reading or modern interpretation.

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Like the NIV, NKJV, and NASB which is what our pastor uses. Have all of those plus the King James on my Tecarta App on my phone. I have realized lately I need to slow down and take more time in study. I have let life get me busier than I should be.

·
Registered
624 Posts
KJV, NRSV, NIV, and this year for my Bible in One Year devotion, I've been reading the Good News Bible (Anglicised), just to read something different.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts