Neighbor "bump" firing

Discussion in 'North Mississippi' started by GunnyGene, Oct 24, 2017.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Seems like my backdoor neighbor got himself a bump stock, or was trying out one of the other techniques.:D Heard him this morning while I was out putting up a deer fence around the garden. Had a buck, 2 doe and 2 first year fawns grazing in the front yard 2 days ago - about 60 yds from the porch - and some tracks in the garden a couple days before that.

He needs more practice, since he was only getting off 3 or 4 shots at a time. ;)

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  2. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    May be practicing his bursts. More practical that way. Know I'm going to be trying my hand at it this weekend hopefully ;) :fullauto:

94LEVERFAN and Hoot G like this.

3. GunnyGene

Maybe, but this is the first time I've heard him doing this. He usually practices pistol and rifle a couple times a week. :)

rigrat likes this.
  4. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Ain't it nice to live somewhere that your neighbors don't mind your gun fire and even notice the difference when your firing pattern is different?

rigrat, 94LEVERFAN, para40 and 6 others like this.
  5. GunnyGene

Yep. :):)

rigrat, para40, phillipd and 2 others like this.
  6. sigpro2022

sigpro2022 Distinguished Poster

I have five neighbors not counting myself who practice pistol nearly every weekend. Two have full auto AR15 and one has a bump stock on his AK.
    I love living in the country.
    BTW, neighbor across the road is a deputy sheriff, he is one of the ones who shoots a friend's full auto.

rigrat, 94LEVERFAN, para40 and 8 others like this.
  7. GunnyGene

Also have a deputy about 600yds north, and a retired Sheriff about 400yds south. Good neighbors to have. :)

8. onlymaroonmatters

onlymaroonmatters Eat Sleep Jeep & Guns MSGO Supporter

Laurel
    Hu. Somebody was talking to me the other day saying someone close by mustof had a full auto. Guess now I know ha. Would love to join in on the full auto awesomeness

rigrat and 94LEVERFAN like this.
  9. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

My next door neighbor shoots a rifle a good bit but they are several hundred yards down the road and I can’t hear the shots when I’m inside. I have heard some rapid fire further off but I’ve never even given it a thought. I don’t even care if they are legal with their toys. None of it bothers me and they don’t care when I shoot.

I woke up this past Saturday morning to a deep throated growling. My only dog is a Morky. So, I grabbed my AR and ran outside to find three large dogs in my yard but they were on top of a hill with one of our vehicles behind them. So, I fire a couple of shots into the hill just below them, and that’s how our Saturday started. I’m pretty sure none of the neighbors even heard he shots, that’s how far out we live.

10. Enterprise65

Enterprise65 Heavily caffeinated.

The busy-body nosy rollers on the local Lowndes County/Columbus Facebook crime watch pages would be going bonkers and losing their stuffing. If you have ever seen the crap they whine about and post you know exactly what I mean.

11. GunnyGene

Never even heard about it, but I don't do Facebook anyway, or Twitter or the many other similar sites.

12. Enterprise65

Enterprise65 Heavily caffeinated.

I've found it has it's uses, which are few, but it has proven to be useful to get in contact with people when all other methods failed. Anyway, as for the "crime watch" group I only keep it around for comedic value and to know who the loony paranoids are. Because like a song from a show many of us or our kids watched growing up, "These are the people in your neighborhood...."

rigrat, 94LEVERFAN and Jarhead5811 like this.
  13. Jarhead5811

I use Facebook to share pictures of my kids with my family. I have also made contact with a bunch of the fellows I knew in the Marines and checked on old girlfriends to make sure they don’t have any kids of a certain age. So, it has it’s uses.

I do not waste time discussing politics or anything controversial on Facebook. I just don’t have the time to argue with those idiots, on Facebook. That’s what MSGO is for :p, right?

94LEVERFAN, phillipd and wllmkttrll like this.
  14. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Jarhead, what you gonna do if 2 or 3 DO have kids of a certain age? Inquiring minds...

Jarhead5811 likes this.
  15. Jarhead5811

Well, I’m pretty sure I’m in the clear. I really don’t know what I’d have done if I wasn’t!

The Wife and I have been together for 18 years. So, they’d be grown, if they were out there.

16. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

Had an old GF, aquaintence really, come in the beer joint in 1992 and inform me I had a 7 yr old daughter. But I did the math, so it was a good possibility. Had been married only 1 yr, that was fun conversation, but we survived, mainly because this was pre-wife. Girl never hit me up for $money, so I just ignored it. Don't know if she is mine or not, but I was pissed that it took her 7 yrs to get around to telling me.

Jarhead5811 likes this.