Never without options

Discussion in 'Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency' started by GunnyGene, Apr 22, 2018.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

I've lived my life by that creed. There is no excuse for being without options when it comes to SD. No matter where you are - in town or in the woods - whether you are armed or not, there is always something that can be a weapon. People just need to pay more attention to their surroundings. Yeah, a firearm or a blade on your person is nice, but it's not the only option. Take a walk thru WallyWorld or the local grocery, and see what's readily available - knives and other pointy sharp things are all around you. Rope. Cables and wire. Axes. Caustic chemicals. Something that is a decent blunt object. All kinds of stuff. When you go someplace look around with an eye towards what can save your butt.

2. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Just think what you could do with a can of beans. T-bone steak could be deadly. Stick the longest part of the bone in the perps temple.

3. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

4. Situational awareness and a defensive mindset.

5. para40

para40 Sr. Curmudgeon MSGO Supporter

Lamar Co.
  6. "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet." (Gen. James Mattis)

7. turable.shot

turable.shot Distinguished Poster

Got a lot things in mind.
    Like a can of Wasp Spray sitting on the floor, near the back door, for when I
    get my arse decked. Oh it's neatly hidden, conveniently placed, etc.

Jarhead5811 and Blondie70 like this.
  8. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

9. pkett44

pkett44 Distinguished Poster

I always told my two boys when they were growing up, everything can be a weapon. I'll show you what you look like on the inside with a key!

Jarhead5811 likes this.