Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New Britain’s Stag Arms heads for Wyoming, citing the western state’s support for the Second Amendment and ‘incredibly hospitable’ business climate

Stag Arms Relocation Announcement | Stag Arms

Stag Arms LLC, a New Britain manufacturer of automatic and semiautomatic AR-15 rifles, announced Monday it is moving to Cheyenne, Wyoming, citing the state’s “unwavering support" for the Second Amendment.

The company also took a shot at Connecticut’s business environment, saying Wyoming is “incredibly hospitable” to business.

A statement posted on Stag Arms’s website followed up on its announcement in June it will leave Connecticut for a site offering “significant support for the firearms industry.”

“We decided it was time to do a complete refresh of the company," said Elie Azar, founder and chief executive officer of White Wolf Capital LLC, which owns a controlling interest in Stag Arms. “We needed to solve for three things: visionary customer-centric leadership, a business-friendly, pro-growth economic environment and a cultural climate that reflects Stag’s brand image of independence and free spiritedness.”

The board of directors conducted a “rigorous process,” comparing dozens of potential sites against a “stringent set of criteria.”

“Cheyenne came out on top on most of the individual criteria,” Azar said. “Not only is Wyoming an incredibly hospitable place to do business, it is also a top destination for outdoor recreation, including hunting and shooting sports, which reflects its citizens’ unwavering support for the Second Amendment.”

The relocation is set for the end of the year. Stag Arms has not disclosed the number of workers affected by the move.

###

First Weatherby Inc. from CA -- and now Stag Arms from CT -- to Wyoming. Interesting.

The CT governor and mayor don't care though. Sandy Hook virtue-signalers, IMO.

·
Premium Member
27,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder if Mississippi was ever in serious contention for its relocation consideration?

BTW, Wyoming has no state income tax.

I wonder what tax and infrastructure incentives the state and Cheyenne offered them?

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Good for Wyoming, I remember reading a few months ago about Weatherby leaving California and moving to Wyoming, but still most gun manufacturers are still in the anti-gun northeastern states, here sets Mississippi with no gun manufacturers while Tennessee, Alabama, and Arkansas have all gotten gun companies to move to their states, a few years ago Governor Phil Bryant was saying he was talking to gun manufacturers trying to get some to move to Mississippi, I guess other states just upped the annie with more tax breaks and more money to get them to move to their state, I guess the Winchester ammunition plant in Oxford is all we have at this time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts