close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

New Dillion Owner

Discussion in 'Reloading/Ammunition' started by Southern Reloading, May 4, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Well as I am pondering over the thought of becoming a Dillion Dealer, I now own one! Got a pristine RL550B yesterday. So now I will be burning the candle in the middle as well as both ends. Will send a pic when I get it set up! Or should I say when shrek gets it set up!!!

phillipd, Soonered, CajunBP and 11 others like this.
  2. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

You will like the Dillon!

J.B.

I'm a Rebel, Shrek, HotRod61 and 2 others like this.

3. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

Dillon will take care of you!!! IMO the best progressive there is!!!!!

4. locrawlr

locrawlr Distinguished Poster

It's a disease. Everything you have will turn blue.

5. charlie2t

charlie2t Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I have 2 of them, one set up for rifle and the other for pistol. They are the best reloading system that I have seen. The biggest problem that I have found with them is I run out of components really fast so I try to keep a large supply on hand. If you should encounter a problem with it, parts or support, Dillon will take care of you immediately.

6. Doc

Doc Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Randy, I have 2 Dillon RL 550Bs and have had them many years - long enough to have used the Dillon no BS warranty a few times.....Very satisfied.
    I have never owned or used their SL 900 shotgun loader. Two shooters you and I know have had them. One of those guys is in your club and sent it back before it was a month old and now owns a Spolar. The other is in a club north of you and is a trap shooter (JP). He still has his and will gladly share his experiences.
    See you at the state trap shoot......

PS: this link is to an operation which makes the best riser kits for reloaders I have ever tried - their quick change bases are great. Their products are heavy duty..... I like their riser mounts better than the ones Dillon sells.
    Inline Fabrication - Inline Fabrication

Shrek and Sum Gy Custom Firearms like this.
  7. HotRod61

HotRod61 Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Welcome to the club. I love my XL650 just recently got it up and running after a cross country move.
    Like some has said components don't seem to last as long.
    Inline fabrication has good stuff you will find you have to have. I certainly did.
    Good luck and have fun.
    HotRod

8. dhollis51

dhollis51 Distinguished Poster

just up graded to a 650 from the 550. I will have both set up within a week I hope. 650 for 40 and the 550 for 9 for now.

good luck with your press.

9. Driveshaft

Driveshaft Distinguished Poster

Congratulations! I have had mine for 3 years and really enjoy it. It has it's quirks but they are few and simple to fix. Only real problem with mine when new was I had to bend the primer tension rod a little so it would come all the way back. Replaced the cotter pin on the spent primer drop chute so it would work smoothly. Other than that it has been a dream. Have fun!

10. Xd357

Xd357 Moderator Staff Member

Edwards
    Congratulations you'll like it!!

11. Dr. Benway

Dr. Benway Distinguished Poster

You'll like it and will probably end up with a bigger press if you shoot enough. My first Dillon was a 1050 set up for 9mm with an RF100 primer filler. Best thing I ever bought. I eventually got a 650 with case feeder for every thing else. I'll probably add a bullet feeder to both soon.

12. Southern Reloading

Well thanks guys! As most know I am a skeet shooter and basically just dab in the pistol stuff. Wife is shooting a little so looking to add 380, 9, 40, and 45. Little at a time. For those that run out of supplies to quick give me a call!! I'll stock you up! Plus get you using Sum Guy Lube!!! I'm sure I'll have questions along the way!!
    RB

13. Driveshaft

Driveshaft Distinguished Poster

I'm sure you will too, but there are enough guys here with experience to help you out of any situation. Wish I was down south to help with it. I really like the blue!

14. oO_Rogue_Oo

oO_Rogue_Oo Distinguished Poster

If you become a dealer, I'm in the market for a Super Swage 600. Bet we could put together a nice Dillon group buy to get you a nice first order going :) (hint hint)

15. Southern Reloading

Hey oO, That may be a very real possibility. Maybe we can start a conversation on this. Let me work on one thing and then I'll post it on the Group Buy section. Great idea!!

16. Shrek

Shrek Distinguished Poster

give me a few more days to get rid of this sinus or flu or hillary bug I got and I'll help set it up if you want.

17. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Get to feeling better, Shrek.

18. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

19. SubGunFan

SubGunFan Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Jackson
    Shrek................ you big baby.

:D