Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Not saying it doesn't take a lot of skill and hard work and great equipment to even hit 1 out of 69 at 4.4 miles, but it does feel a little like a record that needs an asterisk. Not sure where my threshold is, but if they could hit 1 time out of five, I'd be a little more interested in it as a "record". Were they dialing it in for the first 68 shots? Could they go 1 out of 50 now or 1 out of 25 or are they still 1 in 70?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree with the "asterisk" thought

They were shooting at a target just over an MOA at that distance. I would rather see them hit consistently a target that was 3-4 MOA. Hitting a target that size, even if it took 69 shots, is impressive just hard to prove it was talent not luck. Putting several rounds into a slightly larger target would show consistency.

That being said, most people couldn't hit a 1.54MOAx1.18MOA target at 700 yards, much less 7700 yards

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
I honestly don’t think this is skillful marksmanship so much as it is as step down from rocket science. Not trying to throw shade on the shooter either but I feel like a half decent shooter plus a lot of well done calculus and specialized equipment gets you this record.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts