Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey All!

New here because of a Google search that lead me to dredge up an old thread. Didn't even know you guys existed..., now I are one!

I'm not new to guns by any stretch. Living in Idaho, I don't think you have much of a choice and that's the way I like it... uh huh, uh huh! I know... does an Idahoan even belong in this forum?! Hopefully, you'll allow it!

A little about myself: I am now, a retired Metrologist (no, I don't predict the weather!). A native Idahoan (a rare bird and proud of it!). A collector at heart. Really into flyfishing and collect the vintage equipment. Rods, reels, creels, old wooden fishing lures, flies, etc. I have quite an Angling book collection of many rare and collectible editions, dating from the 1600's to the present! I'm into knives, custom and quality manufactured. I have a huge collection and investment in Wristwatches (you think guns are expensive?)! I love 'em and I have the bug for both. It's usually a decision... what watch or what gun can I get instead of buying one or the other. Into most old stuff, baseball and football cards, even decks of old playing cards. Antique furniture, audio equipment, etc. I could go on and on. It would be easier to mention what I don't collect! Wish I had more money and there would be some nice cars in the garage, too! Of course guns! I am a huge fan of .22's with many fine rifles, handguns and pistols. I do like highly figured wood! Now, along these lines, I have started to seriously collect ammo cartridges and have representations of over 200 different calibers, now. It's becoming another obsession!

Thanx for letting me vent and looking forward to "speaking" with everyone, learning and contributing where I can.

These are weird times for sure and I hope everyone is safe and remains that way.

BTW... I do tend to get a little windy and I appreciate everyone's patience!

And remember..., you can always send your spare ammo my way...!

Thanx All,
Robert

·
Registered
6,982 Posts
Do you know the secret knock? 😎 You’ll like fly fishing in MS. Some of them put up a pretty good fight on an ultralite reel. 😂

·
MSGO Court Jester
39,480 Posts

We got members in New Mexico, New Jersey, and other such places. All that is required is that you love guns and follow the rules. And based on your opening statement, I think you'll fit right in.

·
Super Moderator
8,064 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,459 Posts
Welcome from way down below the Mason Dixon line in Jackson county, Mississippi. Sounds like youll fit in.
Is this your way, of getting DOWN UNDER,lol.

·
Super Moderator
13,397 Posts
Welcome from Lowndes County, MS. My Dad used to fly fish down here for crappy and brim (bream). I collect old reels also. Keep your eyes peeled for old Anbassaduer bass reels and I’ll look out for fly fishing stuff

·
Registered
245 Posts
Greetings from the coast (NCBC Gulfport, home of Atlantic Fleet Sea Bee's USN)
I lived in Wyoming for 15 years, very similar climate and hunting / fishing. Not much of an angler myself but I do believe a bad day fishing is better than a good day working!

·
Premium Member
13,548 Posts
Welcome from Rankin Co. in central MS.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts