Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
These aren't the days to be turning your back on any gun owner, no matter where they hail from. Welcome!!

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,874 Posts
Magnificent country. I still have great memories of my one visit to Idaho. The shores of Lake Pend Oreille. 1969 National Jamboree (Boy Scouts). Have always wanted to return; maybe someday.

Y'all come back, now. Y'hear?

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,910 Posts
WELCOME. Southerner's are friendly folk and we believe that If you are a gun owner then you are among friends
My dad was a weather man. He had a set crystal balls. do you have crystal balls?
He also used to play weather poker.
all the weathermen toss a $100.00 each into the pot
a date is chosen 1 year or more from that day
the weather is then forecasted for that day. being a weatherman you know that sunny or raining is not a forecast. They had to forecast all the details.

·
Registered
233 Posts
@frodo that is funny. When I lived in Wyoming we had a "Snow Pool" every year we took a calendar and all the neighbors would chose the day They thought we woukd have our first snow fall. The spread was often over several months as the running joke in Wyoming was "Only two people try to predict the weather forecast in Wyoming, a new comer or a fool"
I recall one year in the early 90's we had snow on the 4th of July.

·
Premium Member
10,455 Posts
Ate at a pretty good restaurant, in Boise, if memory serves me, this was about 40 yrs ago. that was just N. of capital building square area.Old ornate wood finishes??

·
Premium Member
2,615 Posts
Welcome from DeSoto County, MS -- a 2A safe haven!

Reactions: Quigley

·
Premium Member
2,800 Posts
Welcome to a new member from the land of Elmer Keith and Bob Hagel....
I have been through BIFC a few times back in the day

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Hey All!

New here because of a Google search that lead me to dredge up an old thread. Didn't even know you guys existed..., now I are one!

I'm not new to guns by any stretch. Living in Idaho, I don't think you have much of a choice and that's the way I like it... uh huh, uh huh! I know... does an Idahoan even belong in this forum?! Hopefully, you'll allow it!

A little about myself: I am now, a retired Metrologist (no, I don't predict the weather!). A native Idahoan (a rare bird and proud of it!). A collector at heart. Really into flyfishing and collect the vintage equipment. Rods, reels, creels, old wooden fishing lures, flies, etc. I have quite an Angling book collection of many rare and collectible editions, dating from the 1600's to the present! I'm into knives, custom and quality manufactured. I have a huge collection and investment in Wristwatches (you think guns are expensive?)! I love 'em and I have the bug for both. It's usually a decision... what watch or what gun can I get instead of buying one or the other. Into most old stuff, baseball and football cards, even decks of old playing cards. Antique furniture, audio equipment, etc. I could go on and on. It would be easier to mention what I don't collect! Wish I had more money and there would be some nice cars in the garage, too! Of course guns! I am a huge fan of .22's with many fine rifles, handguns and pistols. I do like highly figured wood! Now, along these lines, I have started to seriously collect ammo cartridges and have representations of over 200 different calibers, now. It's becoming another obsession!

Thanx for letting me vent and looking forward to "speaking" with everyone, learning and contributing where I can.

These are weird times for sure and I hope everyone is safe and remains that way.

BTW... I do tend to get a little windy and I appreciate everyone's patience!

And remember..., you can always send your spare ammo my way...!

Thanx All,
Robert
Welcome

Some cool hobbies you have there. Come on in and make yourself comfortable. We have a bunch of great people here and very knowledgeable too on a vast array of subjects. You won't get bored. :)

·
Premium Member
10,455 Posts
Ate at a pretty good restaurant, in Boise, if memory serves me, this was about 40 yrs ago. that was just N. of capital building square area.Old ornate wood finishes??

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,910 Posts
@frodo that is funny. When I lived in Wyoming we had a "Snow Pool" every year we took a calendar and all the neighbors would chose the day They thought we woukd have our first snow fall. The spread was often over several months as the running joke in Wyoming was "Only two people try to predict the weather forecast in Wyoming, a new comer or a fool"
I recall one year in the early 90's we had snow on the 4th of July.
LOL I can relate.
I lived on the western slope in colorado, A small cow town named ridgeway, True Grit was filmed there. I have been on that ranch. I took my wife on the 4th of july to a pretty little meadow I had found for a picnic. it snowed.

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
3,658 Posts
Hey All!

New here because of a Google search that lead me to dredge up an old thread. Didn't even know you guys existed..., now I are one!

I'm not new to guns by any stretch. Living in Idaho, I don't think you have much of a choice and that's the way I like it... uh huh, uh huh! I know... does an Idahoan even belong in this forum?! Hopefully, you'll allow it!

A little about myself: I am now, a retired Metrologist (no, I don't predict the weather!). A native Idahoan (a rare bird and proud of it!). A collector at heart. Really into flyfishing and collect the vintage equipment. Rods, reels, creels, old wooden fishing lures, flies, etc. I have quite an Angling book collection of many rare and collectible editions, dating from the 1600's to the present! I'm into knives, custom and quality manufactured. I have a huge collection and investment in Wristwatches (you think guns are expensive?)! I love 'em and I have the bug for both. It's usually a decision... what watch or what gun can I get instead of buying one or the other. Into most old stuff, baseball and football cards, even decks of old playing cards. Antique furniture, audio equipment, etc. I could go on and on. It would be easier to mention what I don't collect! Wish I had more money and there would be some nice cars in the garage, too! Of course guns! I am a huge fan of .22's with many fine rifles, handguns and pistols. I do like highly figured wood! Now, along these lines, I have started to seriously collect ammo cartridges and have representations of over 200 different calibers, now. It's becoming another obsession!

Thanx for letting me vent and looking forward to "speaking" with everyone, learning and contributing where I can.

These are weird times for sure and I hope everyone is safe and remains that way.

BTW... I do tend to get a little windy and I appreciate everyone's patience!

And remember..., you can always send your spare ammo my way...!

Thanx All,
Robert
Robert, they quit making “ spare” ammo months ago! Good of you to stop by but be sure you take the weather back with you! If you feel comfortable post some pics of those fancy wood rifles so we can ohh and ahh 😮😲😯

·
Registered
120 Posts
Welcome
11579022685_05fd28beeb_z.jpg

Reactions: Quigley

·
Deplorable Curmudgeon
16,910 Posts
Another welcome, weatherman story
In the late 60's We were in mobile Ala. At Brook leigh Air Field My Dad came home from work and i asked him what the weather was. He usually would make a joke like looking at the window and saying sunny
This day he said it will snow in about an hour. WHA????? ALabama? Snow? Damn sure did,

We were among the last to leave the base before it closed, headed to Sacramento Calif. Mather field. 2 adults, 4 kids and a Cocker spaniel named Happy

21 - 40 of 54 Posts