Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm new here and I would like some help/info. I have a competition level .22 rifle and .22 pistol both and would like to compete with them, also I'm interested in competing in skeet shooting. I get confused trying to search through everything so if this is a repeat of an old topic i apologize, I'm just looking for help. Anything ya'll can offer would be appreciated. I really don't care if it's a national competition or anything I just want a chance to get together with people all love to shoot and I want a chance to use my guns. I know they can be used for hunting but my dad paid to much money for those guns for me to take them anywhere near the woods. Thanks in Advance ya'll. ~Ree :)

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,792 Posts
Sorry, I can't help, but are you planning to shoot skeet with your .22's? :)

(I am sure others will be along soon to help.)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope, i'm not quite that good yet lol! i've got a franchi youth model 20 gauge that i shoot skeet with. my rifle is a 10-22 that has been reworked with valquartsen parts with a scope. i have no problem shoot 100 yards with it. the pistol is a sig hamareli (sp) with a scope on it.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
Silhouette Shooting for both probably or maybe some Benchrest shooting. I shoot Silhouette with a CZ452, but it is offhand shooting out to 100m. NRA Competition. You could probably shoot steel with the handgun as well.

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
The handgun is more geared to Bullseye, but you can shoot steel with it. The rifle would be good for silhouette like Ive mentioned before, but there are also other kinds of 22 fun shoots around the country like 100m egg shoots.

·
Registered
947 Posts
At Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club in Byram, the next .22 Smallbore Sihouette Match is scheduled for Saturday March 13 and you could shoot your 10/22 then. The next Steel Challenge style match is scheduled for Sunday March 14 with a shotgun side match afterwards. You could shoot your .22 pistol in the steel match and if you wanted to, you could shoot your Franchi or I've got a Remington 1100 Light 20 you could use. We're all about helping the new shooters and as one of the Interim Match Directors for Steel, I look forward to helping you enjoy the sport of competitive shooting. You can contact me for additional information. Glad to have you come out and join us.
Scott Womack
601 573 2006
[email protected]

·
Super Moderator
9,486 Posts
I have a nice italian O/U that I only use to shoot skeet and once in a blue moon some dove. I got a wild hair in me and thought I should use it duck hunting....worse mistake ever. I would say keep your comp guns as comp guns. Magnolia Rifle and Pistol Club in Byram has really fun shoots but I dont know were your located that might be a far drive

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
im in coffeeville, bout thirty miles from oxford but i dont mind driving for a good shoot. driving to get to do what i want is a way of life for me

·
Registered
91 Posts
Ree. We have a pretty good Club in Starkville also..you can shoot Skeet, trap, sporting clays, It has 100-200- yd rifle range, and 2 pistol bays, plus indoor 22.

Also your 10-22 is perfect to learn to shoot..visit appleseed.org, and let me know what you see..if you want more info, email me..D-451

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
starkville wouldnt be to bad of a drive, i didnt see anything about shooting on the website, maybe im not lookin in the right place

1 - 17 of 17 Posts