Mississippi Gun Owners banner
61 - 80 of 104 Posts
suberjc said:
I think it's fair to say that when we are finished all you HP guys will have won the Extinguished Rifleman Award.
Let me be the first to congratulate you.
You are confused, as old guys do, HP CAN assume position! When we get to old for that we'll plop on our belly and whine about this or that when it's the high cholesterol from eating twinkies for life that has led us to such sad shape.

The logical conclusion of F-class is an air force puke "piloting" a drone to kill a target. Impressive, but not a skill.

The killer is F-Class was developed by an HP shooter that couldn't cut the mustard due to age. I got that, and feel it's a good thing. But now we have those that have never shot HP and are shooting the class as young healthy bucks. Someone should smack them as if they tried playing shuffleboard on a cruise ship.

If you want to play with the grownups, shoot HP or better yet, benchrest.

U HP boy's better watch smokedpole...

In his brief tenure in F class...He has broken 2 National records

I'm enjoying the banter....Can I come "hold" the money while I watch the massacre...

Put your $ up...$ talks....

Heck guys, I might even be able to make this one. I say lets draw out of a hat for shooting partners. One f-classer paired with one Hp. Shoot 10 rounds in 5 minutes with each others rifle with one practice shot each just so we can't scream sabotage. Use the same targets for both so we can pull the stickies off and see just how bad you HP boys got beat with your own guns.

jsthntn247 said:
Heck guys, I might even be able to make this one. I say lets draw out of a hat for shooting partners. One f-classer paired with one Hp. Shoot 10 rounds in 5 minutes with each others rifle with one practice shot each just so we can't scream sabotage. Use the same targets for both so we can pull the stickies off and see just how bad you HP boys got beat with your own guns.
Great Idea!

T....

F class shooters don't shoot junkie stuff :rotflmao: :j/k:

Run what you brung....

put up or shut up

each shooter has sighter target and scored target

2 sighters and 20 rounds in 12 min for score..measure group size with calipers...HP groups will be ez to figure out...no calipers needed

Discussion starter · #71 ·
Run what you brung makes it a gear race, which is exactly what highpower is NOT about. Strict rules govern service rifle competition equipment. The rules are there to make it about the shooter, and not about the gear. And the CMP match I just shot did not allow sighters.

DevilDog. I agree it is more about the shooter. In F-Class it is more about the shooter and the gun. It's more of a weapons system.
For instance, I don't have two or three or 10 guns for competition. I have one. I know exactly the round count on the current barrel. I know exactly how far the lands have moved since shot 1. I know exactly the relative seating force needed for my bullets in order to maximize consistency. Each round is labeled and sorted according to SF and runout. I know exactly the distance from the lands to seat my bullet - and I can assure you, 1/1000th off and I stand no chance at all against my fellow competitors.
So you see guys we in F-Class are purists as well. We are precision purists. No brag, just fact. No smack. In our sport, if you blow the first 3 rounds out of 60. It's over. No room for error.
Oh and BTW I think Scharf is a great guy. Did a great job at the state, but NO no one can take anyone and teach them to do what Alton Britt or Bill Lackey or Jimmy Speaks or David Decareaux doe in a day or a week or a month or a year. Our preparation never ends.
As far as ammo goes.. Ugh. Do you guys REALLY shoot .30 cal ball Obamunition. LOL

I really AM looking forward to shooting someones Garannie LOL.

I'm OK with the swap up as long as I can stay prone.
I have an official NRA crippled card.

suberjc said:
Oh and BTW I think Scharf is a great guy. Did a great job at the state, but NO no one can take anyone and teach them to do what Alton Britt or Bill Lackey or Jimmy Speaks or David Decareaux doe in a day or a week or a month or a year. Our preparation never ends.
As far as ammo goes.. Ugh. Do you guys REALLY shoot .30 cal ball Obamunition. LOL
NO!! No such thing for g'mnt .30 cal (of 1906 designation). Actually the best GI Ball ammo that SWGC was issued by the CMP is a few 1,000 rds of Lake City 1967. So this is what, LBJmunition?
The best "GI" I have is a couple of cans of Lake City Match 1972. Magic bullets.

Discussion starter · #74 ·
I think it is going to be healthy for all of us to get out there and learn about the other sport. I know I'm looking forward to it. If I ever make a run at F-Class the one who will be calling the shots will be my wife. She's got the checkbook. For now this old Marine is going to dance with who brung him, and stick with what he knows.

The ammunition most highpower shooters compete with would make most F-Class shooters wretch. Some guys actually compete with surplus ball ammunition the CMP got in an agreement with Greece. Based on experience, even I have turned my nose up at that stuff. But you can't shoot just any .30-06 in a Garand. I've been shooting some Hornady match grade ammo that is loaded especially for the Garand and available at a decent price from the CMP, since I don't reload. For my AR I've got a favorite round from Black Hills. No rifle shooter is going to say that ammo doesn't matter, but I will go out on a limb and say it does not matter near as much in highpower as F-Class.

Let me leave it at this - once we figure out how to level the playing field I am going to whup yall's tail. Mark it down and notarize it.

"Of course, but we are on the "SMACK" thread...sarcasm with a mix of reality hidden in some of it..."
OK. Well I just want everyone to know that I didn't get this fat eating twinkies.

This is puuuuurrrrrrreeeeee fried chicken baby.
Much more honorable in my mind.
:lol3:

suberjc said:
"Of course, but we are on the "SMACK" thread...sarcasm with a mix of reality hidden in some of it..."
OK. Well I just want everyone to know that I didn't get this fat eating twinkies.

This is puuuuurrrrrrreeeeee fried chicken baby.
Much more honorable in my mind.
:lol3:
YEAH and them twinkies been known to cause a person to commit murder, ever heard of the "Twinkie" defense?

Yeah that's what must have caused our favorite Marine to alledge that he was gonna "whup our tails".
Must be twinkies, or maybe not enough cordite in the environment.
Causing him to have grandiose hallucinations.

61 - 80 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.