81 - 100 of 104 Posts
mildot said:
Scharfschütze said:
mildot said:
twinkies!!!!! :rotflmao:
We could shoot twinkies at 300 yards
Yeah!!! With iron sights!
Maybe I could duct tape the sights from my Kimber to my Savage :thinking:
Of course! Ain´t nuthin´you can´t fix with duct tape an maybe a coat hanger...

Here is an idea! How about we both compromise. We all shoot the F-Class 300yd target, but we do the ten shots in 70 seconds. F-class target, HP time limit. You shoot your own rifle with your choice of ammo, Greek ball or Berger VLDs, your call. Another advantage would be that if you can get them all down there in 70 seconds, you can probably ease up on that bullet run-out, etc.

Some of you will have to hurry a bit, and remember, you get zero points for each shot you fail to get off within the allotted time.

Johnny Mc said:
Here is an idea! How about we both compromise. We all shoot the F-Class 300yd target, but we do the ten shots in 70 seconds. F-class target, HP time limit. You shoot your own rifle with your choice of ammo, Greek ball or Berger VLDs, your call. Another advantage would be that if you can get them all down there in 70 seconds, you can probably ease up on that bullet run-out, etc.

Some of you will have to hurry a bit, and remember, you get zero points for each shot you fail to get off within the allotted time.
don't forget no sighters either.

t....

Johnny Mc said:

Jhonny Mc you gonna make the shoot???? i know you csn shoot the iron sights at any distance :)

X ring; Roger that on the $300 match fee, Register me for the match, but will have to take a DNF on this one due to prior committment. Will get "entry fee" to DevilDog or somebody. Look forward to making the next one, (whatever the course of fire turns out to be)

DHollis; Yes, I do shoot irons, but I can only see as good as my seeing eye dog can. When he thinks I have it lined up, he bumps me on the leg and I pull the trigger. He is a good dog.

.... seems no one cares about us outcast 22RF "belly-floppers" ............. we have feelings, too!!

I believe Bill said, "Targets are on the way".
Probably means someone has spent money.

Money has a tendency to set things in concrete. We are now free to talk about the NEXT COF for the next FCvHP

Which of course won't cost 300.00

BTW
Where'd everybody go?

This post might should be in that other "new range" thread, so Mods move it if need be............

I have said I am in for $300 as seed money for establishing a new long range facility. My concern is..... what are the guidelines for control of the funds? Something as simple as a ledger (spreadsheet) listing who has paid how much. Picking the person for this duty. Setting up a checking account. Even possibly start drafting some simple by-laws and range rules. The key word here is "draft"..... :)

SubGunFan said:
This post might should be in that other "new range" thread, so Mods move it if need be............

I have said I am in for $300 as seed money for establishing a new long range facility. My concern is..... what are the guidelines for control of the funds? Something as simple as a ledger (spreadsheet) listing who has paid how much. Picking the person for this duty. Setting up a checking account. Even possibly start drafting some simple by-laws and range rules. The key word here is "draft"..... :)

I agree SGF with the meeting on the 12th with the group we have we should elect temporary officers
to carry us through the first initial stages, ledger where the money came from, vote on how it will be used and if things fall through when the money will be returned to everyone.

X-Ring said:
SubGunFan said:

I agree SGF with the meeting on the 12th with the group we have we should elect temporary officers
to carry us through the first initial stages, ledger where the money came from, vote on how it will be used and if things fall through when the money will be returned to everyone.
+1

Discussion starter · #99 ·
Just to be clear, though: You DON'T have to have $300.00 to come shoot on the 12th. Come on out and shoot with us.

After the highpower match in the morning, the cookout, and the HP v. F Class Smackdown in the afternoon, we are going to discuss the new range, and how we are going to proceed. You don't even have to stay for that unless you want to be a part of it.

If you've been interested in either highpower or F Class and haven't tried it, would be a good day for you to come out.

+2 on what is said above.

suberjc said:
......what's a 9 ring?
"What's a 9 ring," you ask?

Let me see if I can figure out the best way to explain this.

Hmmm.....

OK, it's something like this:

Take away the sandbags and 50 pound bipods it takes to support your 25 pound rifle, and take away the optics on top that would make an astronomer jealous and a 9 ring is something that you will never hit inside of with your $5,000 rifle.

Does that clear it up for you?

Glad to be of help.

:)

81 - 100 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.