Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Account no longer active.
833 Posts
I like the stock and looks like the altered the design of the mag release from the standard rifles that I dislike. Very nice.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
I saw that the other day, it comes with a hole drilled in the back of the receiver to clean it.

·
Danged ole' Hermit...
13,476 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I like this one much... but do so wish Ruger's MSRP were about $200 - $250 less... :(

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
21,120 Posts
I don't see/understand this:
Lots of people have drilled holes in the back of 10/22 receivers to clean the from the breech end instead of the muzzle and possibly damaging it. Brownells sells jigs to do it.

·
Account no longer active.
833 Posts
Personally, unless actual street price was significantly lower I’d still probably prefer a volquartzen, TacSol, etc build.
Price. That's my hangup with the whole custom or tricked out .22 rifle. It's simple cost over capability. The standard 10/22 or Savage I have already drive tacks with bulk and quality ammo. Any improvement at standard .22LR shot distances would be negligible for me. That's just my point of view even though it's likely to be highly unpopular.

·
Don't let "good enough" be the enemy of perfect.
10,792 Posts
It’s a pain to clean a standard 10/22 through the breach.
Of course.

Maybe I was not clear.

I just don't see how breech cleaning of the new design is any easier.

They say, "The receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning."

I guess some disassembly is required to get to that port.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
Of course.

Maybe I was not clear.

I just don't see how breech cleaning of the new design is any easier.

They say, "The receiver incorporates a rear cleaning port, providing access to the barrel from the rear of the receiver for ease of cleaning."

I guess some disassembly is required to get to that port.
Yes. The bolt must be removed, just like cleaning a normal one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts