Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

SAS stands for Sig Anti-Snag. Sig removed the front and rear sights, sunk in a green dot to the rear of the slide and smoothed off the slide release as well. It’s completely smooth for a snag-free draw experience. I think I like it.

This is a Guns and Gear video from Ryan Gresham.

Reactions: Hoot G

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Reminds me of the Guttersnipe sight on the old ASPs of the late 70s and somewhat like the Kimber Ultra RCP more recently

·
Rational Anarchist
14,648 Posts
Hmmm....interesting idea (I’ve got three P365s) but I don’t think I want to buy a gun just to try out that style of sight.

Anyone ever try this style of sights?

·
Gun-Fu Wannabe; Just Living Life
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Phil from Sig, in the video, said they saw “something like it a few years ago at a show” so they redesigned it to work better. Wonder if that means they bought the rights to it or “appropriated” the design without paying for it? Either way, it looks neat. I’ll wait for one to show up in a store somewhere to look at it.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Hmmm....interesting idea (I’ve got three P365s) but I don’t think I want to buy a gun just to try out that style of sight.

Anyone ever try this style of sights?
They filmed the 365 SAS segment out here at Boondocks early this year. My first impression when I saw it was was "gimmicky". When I actually got to pick it up and try out the sights, it was pretty cool.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I really like that Meprolight sight but I'm not a fan of plastic guns. It doesn't look like there is enough room to machine that sight into a 1911 slide though. I've looked at the Kimber RCP but, I'm not sure about their sight solution and also, it's $1K to get into one of those. Can't go there without getting my hands on one and shooting it first. That is one of those guns that would be really hard to sell if I didn't like it.

·
Registered
13,205 Posts
I forgot i had one of these sights, got it in a trade a year or so ago. Finally found it last night and put it on my new to me glock 26. I like it, but i will decide for sure on keeping it after a range trip.

·
Rational Anarchist
14,648 Posts
They filmed the 365 SAS segment out here at Boondocks early this year. My first impression when I saw it was was "gimmicky". When I actually got to pick it up and try out the sights, it was pretty cool.
I’ve googled and watched some reviews of that sight, on Glocks. I thought it looked kinda pointless on them but I’m thinking I will probably have to give a P365 SAS a shot.

What do you think about ports? I once had a 19C, and really liked it, but it went away when times got hard. I never shot it in low light but I’ve since heard that that was a negative of a ported pistol.

·
MSGO Court Jester
40,691 Posts
I’ve googled and watched some reviews of that sight, on Glocks. I thought it looked kinda pointless on them but I’m thinking I will probably have to give a P365 SAS a shot.

What do you think about ports? I once had a 19C, and really liked it, but it went away when times got hard. I never shot it in low light but I’ve since heard that that was a negative of a ported pistol.
It was a bit on my Magnaported S&W model 29 but I still managed to qualify with a good score on night firing.

Reactions: Jarhead5811
1 - 11 of 11 Posts