Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This 10mil factory /26\ Chinese SKS showed up yesterday. All matching numbers, including gas tube except for mag which is mismatched and gas piston which is un numbered. Previous owner had “Kivaari”, Tom Prince located in Texas do a trigger job and set for postive engagement and also install a Murrays firing pin with spring in the bolt. Just the parts and labor for that is around $100. I snagged it from the seller off of GB for $345. Tom does some great work! That trigger sure is sweet! :D
000_0967.JPG
000_0968.JPG
000_0971.JPG
000_0970.JPG

·
Registered
12,668 Posts
I need an sks, but for what they usually are selling for around here I'll just order a nice Russian one off of gun broker for $100 ish more

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Fun little rifles. my norinco is very accurate despite a horrible trigger. need to check Tom out.

Reactions: rigrat

·
Banned
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. I want another one. I used to have several when they were $69.95 each.
Yeah, I honestly had up to 21 of them of various countries and flavors at one time. :wut:
Company I worked for relocated too far for me and the family to follow them, and due to my age and health now, it is hard to get employed by almost anyone. So, I sold alot of them off to make ends meet since the wife is the only one employed. :( Now I only have about 6 of them including a Russian, a Yugo M59 and the rest Chinese.

·
Premium Member
13,259 Posts
Nice find. SKS's are like 10-22's, one is just not enough and they tend to multiply.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Nice!

I'm not really even a fan of the SKS rifles but I managed to end up with a decent looking Yugo. A few months ago MAC did a video with a Yugo that was done right.

·
Premium Member
1,155 Posts
Very nice. I was an SKS snob for years, I would not have a cheap commie gun, but after I got to shoot one a few times I saw how much fun they are. I have 2 now, both triggers worked over by Tom Prince, his trigger work makes a world of difference on the gun. Loads of fun!

·
Premium Member
6,138 Posts
I once did not think much of them till I bought one a few years back. It shoots flawlessly.
There are semi-autos that have been made in the last 20-30 years that can,t shoot as good as these guns made in the 40s.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts