Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
22,183 Posts
Great little guns. I have a 1977 Glenfield Model 60 with the squirrel stock, my favorite .22 rifle. Been thinking about picking up a new wood stocked Marlin.

·
22,183 Posts
I have a Marlin 989 M2 Need a rear sight for it, which alot of used ones are missing

·
Premium Member
4,004 Posts
I've considered getting one. The Marlin 60 was my first gun of my own when I was a kid. I felt like Rambo with that thing. 18 shots of .22LR goodness? Oh yeah, cans feared me. I had the one with the squirrel on the stock. It was also some kind of Alamo special model, since it had some kind of gold emblem on the stock with an image of the Alamo.

·
Registered
9,709 Posts
They almost never really break...nearly every Marlin M-60 I ever had brought into my shop malfunctioning needed nothing but a good cleaning! Keep it clean and it will probably last forever! :)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Good guns! Although I have one now that is giving me fits. It will fire but will not extract and/or eject. I just ordered an extractor and ejector that will probably fix it. Maybe I can get couple of thousand more rounds through it then.

Waiting for you pics!

·
22,183 Posts
Reactions: LearCo

·
Premium Member
Let's go shoot some, we dont want to wound anything.
6,616 Posts
Fine little rimfire guns, Marlin. I have two bolt action tube fed Marlins. A Marlin Glenfield model 75 with a short tube, 7 shot I think. And a new 795 and like new model 60. I have shot the little Glenfield 75 and the 883 bolt action and they are plenty accurate. I can,t tell you how many inner tube magazines that I have ordered for people that lost them. How do you lose a 20 plus inch magazine in the woods??

Reactions: LearCo and fordpkup

·
22,183 Posts
Fine little rimfire guns, Marlin. I have two bolt action tube fed Marlins. A Marlin Glenfield model 75 with a short tube, 7 shot I think. And a new 795 and like new model 60. I have shot the little Glenfield 75 and the 883 bolt action and they are plenty accurate. I can,t tell you how many inner tube magazines that I have ordered for people that lost them. How do you lose a 20 plus inch magazine in the woods??
I lost one once, wasn't in the woods. Was shooting turtles off a water pump in the Bogue Phalia, it was about 20-25ft above the water with a walk way out to it. Loaded the gun, put tube back in and shot at a turtle right under the pump. Tube slid out into the river, I had forgotten to lock it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts