Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello everyone!

I'm new to the forum, but a long way from new to the world. It's kind of refreshing to be NEW anywhere.

A current resident of central Louisiana but parents/grandparents/aunts/uncles/cousins are all from MS, mostly in the Wesson, McComb, Jackson areas. I was active army, then part-time National Guard, then full-time National Guard (26 years) then a military contractor for another 14 years before retirement. I'm a current 4H smallbore coach and former highpower shooter, interested in just about everything I've seen here. Looking forward to learning and contributing.

·
Premium Member
5,793 Posts
Welcome from DeSoto County - a 2A safe haven.
Font Rectangle Emblem Logo Signage

·
Super Moderator
9,197 Posts
Welcome from God's country. My son's in the army. He's got 16 years in so far. I can always remember, because he was in Basic Training at Fort Knox when Hurricane Katrina hit in Aug. 2005. I had my grandson (who lives with me) signed up for 4-H shooting sports, but COVID shut it all down here on the coast.

Sky Plant Cloud Ecoregion Nature

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes, on Bayou Shooter under the same username. Been there since 2008 but not a prolific poster,

·
Premium Member
13,826 Posts
Welcome from Rankin Co.

·
MSGO Court Jester
43,860 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome from Rankin Co.
Love the username by the way.
MS or LA Guard?
LA Guard, but training over the years at Camp Shelby and Camp McCain. Even shot Highpower at Camp McCain where they had to close the southern entry road when we were shooting on the 600 yard line (the entrance road ran in front of the last berm).

Welcome to da funny farm....

View attachment 282577

Now that my usual welcome is out of the way, we generally like folks in Louisiana. Thank you for your service.
Were you in Hue during or after the battle? I lost a very good friend during the Tet Offensive on 1/30/68.

Got there in September '68 which was after the battle of Hue.

·
Mr. Happy
1,873 Posts
Welcome from extreme NW Mississippi!!! I am able to throw one rock and hit both the Mississippi River, and Tennessee. Glad you found us !!!!!!
Handwriting Orange Font Rectangle Signage

·
MSGO Court Jester
43,860 Posts
LA Guard, but training over the years at Camp Shelby and Camp McCain. Even shot Highpower at Camp McCain where they had to close the southern entry road when we were shooting on the 600 yard line (the entrance road ran in front of the last berm).

Got there in September '68 which was after the battle of Hue.
Again, thank you for your service.

·
Registered
7,601 Posts
Welcome to the group.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts