Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Found this yesterday and couldn't pass it up. It still had the little warning labels for the laser on it. You can see the left over glue where I scaped them off with my finger nail. Other than that it hasn't a mark on it. Of course I haven't started playing with it or carrying it yet. Heck, I haven't even shot it yet but will take care of that this afternoon. I still want an Eclipse but this will do in the interim.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Forgive my tired eyes, but is that a Pro? Nice guns either way, have a buddy in Tupelo that has one he loves. Let people talk smack about a laser all day, when the excreted brown material impacts the oscillating wind generation device, you won't be disappointed that you had it.

:shtf2:

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah it's a Pro model. I can't find where I called it anything else so your eyes aren't faulty.

·
Registered
15,440 Posts
I almost got the Crimson Carry model when I bought my Compact CDP, but I decided I preferred the night sights over the laser, and the SS slide w/ black frame over the opposite. But the CC is still a beautiful pistol, and if I'd found one for a better price I would've gotten it anyway and just put night sights on it later.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Shot Fifty rounds through it yesterday. VEry accurate from the bench and I was hitting 10" steel plates at 25 yards using just the laser. I was hitting 4X4 diamond shaped spinners at ten yards. That laser is too cool. I could see that thing becoming a habit.

It has more recoil than my Colt Commander. I assume because of the aluminum frame. It has what appears to be a plastic mainspring housing. I don't know how long I'll keep this one; I just can't seem to take a shine to it now that I've shot it. This one might wind up on the For Sale/For Trade column.

·
Administrator
12,999 Posts
Yeah being a lighter gun make the recoil more harsh. But it's a "carry" gun so it has it purpose.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Ah, the joys of a plastic MSH! I know that it's a weight savings thing, and that they virtually never break, but I don't care for them either. If you replace it, it'll add a little weight back, and if you choose an Ed Brown with the snakeskin, it'll look pretty cool, too!

So if it's shooting straight and was reliable, why no love?

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
"So if it's shooting straight and was reliable, why no love?"

I don't know. It just doesn't feel like it should for some reason. If I replace the mainspring housing it will get bobtailed. I'm gonna shoot some pigs tonight and will take it along. I might use it just for grins and giggles.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We shot pigs Friday night and I took two. One with the Kimber and the laser put the round in the right place. A Winchester SXT from 45 yards and he didn't even wiggle. The first one I shot with a Handi Rifle 44 mag and you could tell any difference in the wound cavity. Both rounds made a huge mess. I'll keep the Kimber but the mainspring housing has to go. If this were an everyday carry gun I doubt I'd use the laser so it would probably get bobtailed.

·
Premium Member
1,137 Posts
Well, let me be the first to say it.... if you bob it and don't want the laser grips, email me a price on what you want for it-I got dibs!

If we weren't on opposite ends of the state I'd be trying to get an invite to shoot pigs with you, sounds like a lot of fun! I'm envious that you've already downed something with the laser, I've only shot cans.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
With the current regulations concerning pigs it can be a lot of fun. You can shoot them any time, with and caliber and over bait. We put a bait pile out under a 12 volt light hooked to a solar charger and a photocell sensor. Then we just sit in the shooting house with the fan going to help keep us cool. After the first shot in might take an hour before they come back so we get in the canoe and look for frogs or some pigs along the banks of the bayou. The only way it could be easier is to have someone else do it for you. Then it wouldn't be as fun though. If you ever get down this way give me a shout and I'll put something together for you. We do have plenty of pigs around here.

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Shooter!
Nice Kimber! I purchased myself a Kimber Stainless Ultra Carry II. I sent it Kimber to have the ambi-safety put on. Gonna be my carry weapon after I mess with it awhile.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not yet, I will burn a few at lunch tomorrow and let you know how I like it.

For the rest of you Mr. Sibley and I did some trading on Monday. He now owns a Pro Crimson Carry and I have a Stainless TLE. Ain't this internet forum stuff good!

·
Registered
591 Posts
Does the Bob make all that big a difference in comfort while carrying??? I really like that look but boy does it cost to get.....Actually I can get mine bobbed for 145 but it's the $300 in refinishing the pistol that bites my butt......

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
yes bobbed makes all the difference in carry comfort. Amazing what removing such a small amount of metal can make.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Thats a good looking pistol, the fishscales down the top of the slide may be a bit much but a good looking gun none the less. Now if crimson trace will just get on board and offer a bobtailed version of their grip. I know you can modify the current ones to work, but the ones i have seen have run the gamit from great looking to "whow you really #%&(# up those grips didnt you".

1 - 20 of 24 Posts