Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked this little jewel up last week. Savage Model 12 FT/R in .308win. Got the Ken Ferrell scope base in today and bedded it tonight, added the Burris rings. Waiting on the Nightforce scope 8-32 x 56 Benchrest.
[/url][/img]
[/url][/img]

·
Premium Member
21,644 Posts
Ya'll guys shu got sum purty rifles .......

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Put my first rounds through it this afternoon, X-ring and I are working on some loads. First impression :2tup: :awesome: :10: :gun:

·
Registered
167 Posts
I am working on building a new f class "on a budget rig" basing on an old 10 fp thinking about using a bell and carlson stock and leaving the action and barrel alone.

thats a nice rig you got there

·
Registered
167 Posts
hey mildot,I lived in Atlanta for about 12 years after college. Shot all over Ga mostly @ fort benning and white county. I had to get rid of my old rem700 rig when I moved. But I am just getting back into it. I would really like to get with you F class guys for some advice on how to build a decent f class gun off this 10fp action and barrel I got. I can't spend thousands on it right now but in its stock form with a junk scope (some a BSA and Osprey) and my hand loads It shoots sub MOA @ 300 yards.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
There are several guys on this forum who can be of help to you. Start a new thread on your build your planning and I am sure you will get a lot of responce. :gun:

·
Registered
15,550 Posts
mildot said:
There are several guys on this forum who can be of help to you. Start a new thread on your build your planning and I am sure you will get a lot of responce. :gun:
Oh yeah...just start a thread...

send a pm to mstropyhunter and talk your plans over with him

You'll really enjoy the "local" F-class matches at Bogue Chitto...nice folks

·
Registered
441 Posts
nice looking rifle, mildot. I'm new to the site, but I shoot at Bogue Chitto. I'll be looking at the next shoot to match a face to the gun.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
jimbo300 said:
nice looking rifle, mildot. I'm new to the site, but I shoot at Bogue Chitto. I'll be looking at the next shoot to match a face to the gun.
Hey Jimbo300 you already know me, I am Bill's brother. :hi:
By the way that's a nice ram, where did you get him?

·
Registered
441 Posts
mildot said:
jimbo300 said:
Hey Jimbo300 you already know me, I am Bill's brother. :hi:
By the way that's a nice ram, where did you get him?
Hi Don,

Did you shoot the gun last weekend? I guess I looked right at it when I was checking out your NF scope. As far as the ram goes I got him back in 05 in the Brooks Range, AK the very NE corner of the state. We weren't very far from the Yukon territory and only around 40 air miles from the Bering Sea.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts