close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Newspaper paper roll

Discussion in 'Sold' started by vr1967, Apr 25, 2016.

1. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

Does anyone here know anyone someone that works where they print newspapers?
    Am looking for a take off, butt roll with some unprinted paper still on it to roll cartridges with.

It's not perfect, but pretty close to what was originally used to make cartridges with in the 1850-60s time period.

Thanks

2. Vick

Vick Distinguished Poster

You'll have to find a newspaper that still does their own printing: not many do these days. You might give your local paper a call and ask where they have theirs printed. If its close, you could get some there. I've gotten butt ends from the Sun Herald down here several times in the past, but I don't think they still print here. I'll ask next time I see one of my newspaper friends to be sure.

3. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Might have you covered on this one. A real gun nut buddy of mine's family happens to own a newspaper. Will check and let you know.

BasMstr likes this.
  4. vr1967

vr1967 Rooinek Amerikaanse

Thank you both.
    I know most papers don't print their own anymore, but with some of the replies I have received when I call the local papers inquiring, you would have thought I was asking for the combination to the vault door at Ft Knox, or for the person's personal credit card information.

5. Evil Zim

Evil Zim Distinguished Poster

Try clarion ledger. I used to buy leftover rolls there for my kids to color on.

6. Rees Guide

Rees Guide Distinguished Poster

Call me monday and I can get you taken care of if I am not too far north for ya, 662-458-8925