Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
How does NFA tracker work?
Do I sign up and then get to see the status of my applications?
I keep seeing people say "check cashed on xxx date"
How do you guys see that?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
No action in this thread in a while.
So I know not to put too much faith into NFA tracker, and ATF says 7 months average right now, but I was looking around and decided to do a little math. Every cashed check since May 4th 2020 for form 4 individual averaged 131.2 days to approval.
Longest- 243 days
Shortest- 61 days
Majority was between 105-159 days. I'm at 115 for one of mine.
Anybody else find themselves looking there and dreaming?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
NFA Tracksr makes my eye twitch. Hopefully you don’t have to wait much longer.

If we get our Biden-bucks, I’ll probably put my name back on the wait list in his honor with it.
Too bad there's an ammo shortage. When I finally do get them, I'll be too scared to shoot too much for fear of not being able to replace ammo.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Called ATF today. One of mine was approved on Feb 10th.
Just waiting on USPS now. I've been reading where that is taking 30+ days

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
I’m surprised they didn’t batch yours.
I used to work for that dealer, I would have thought yours would have come back by now.
I don't understand? What do you mean by "batch yours"?
What dealer are you speaking of?

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Batch means they approve multiple stamps at once.
I used to work for the dealer you used for them, I remembered you posting about how you had to do the paperwork on here and I saw the cans come in.
Oh got ya now.
Yeah, the 1st one was done on paper because I was in Afghanistan, and I used the kiosk for the second one. The second one didn't get done until sometime in December, and the first paper one was done mid September.
Sure would've been nice if they'd seen I had another one out there!

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Huh interesting.
I didn't even ask about the 2nd one because it has only been about 2 months since the check was cashed for it.
Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised when I get the call.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
No the dealer said the declined paperwork must have gotten lost in the mail. I only found out when I called atf to check status. It was declined 2/2 check was cashed 6/30. ATF had no reason noted as to why I was declined. Here goes another 10month wait
That BLOWS
Do they have a "reason declined" on the paperwork?
Seems awfully convenient for them that the "declined" paperwork was lost in the mail.

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
Bad luck for you and Redlick83.

I started the process in April 2020. My plan was to purchase the cans while I was in Afghanistan, do all the paperwork from there, and then when I got home, most if not all of the wait time would be over.
It didn't work that way.
I did all the paperwork from there just fine only to come home and find out the can was backordered and it would likely be 2021 before anymore were made. I used a local shop from here and they didn't tell me that or I'd have bought a different one. Long story short, I didn't get paperwork for either one sent off until after I got home.

Sucks for yall though. Have you called and inquired about it? I think the average wait time per the atf is 7 months

·
Premium Member
1,371 Posts
So now you know you were denied with no way of knowing why or if you'll get denied again because the paperwork was "lost in the mail"
I would be requesting a copy of that lost paperwork. I don't know the process for that, but there is a disapproval block on the form 4. If you get denied they have to give a reason.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts