Mississippi Gun Owners banner
1201 - 1220 of 1221 Posts

·
Registered
16,144 Posts
I know it is useless to bit ch about but if you have qualified for a stamp previously there’s no reason additional stamps should be any more involved than a regular over the counter firearms purchase. Our tax dollars at work.
The sad part is it’s no more in depth than the standard background check you already go through to buy a gun. The paperwork/human factor is what slows everything down. It’s a joke. It could literally be automated for an individual form 1/4 and be equally effective(not very) while being 1000x more efficient.

·
Registered
16,144 Posts
Basically you can walk in a gun dealer buy a gun that can be used to actually shoot with and walk out, but the item to protect your hearing you must wait a year or more in the interest of safety.
Forehead Eyebrow Dress shirt Tie Collar

For something that should basically be available out of a vending machine, or on the counter of a sporting goods store like a jar of foam ear plugs.

·
Registered
16,144 Posts
Approved on 8/20, stamp arrived 8/31, picked up this morning. The deer camp is going to be a lot quieter this year, since 2 other guys got theirs in recently too.

On my 18” 6.5, I’d say it’s comparable to a spicy unsuppressed .22 CCI Minimag(not a scientific measurement) at the ear. The 9” 300blk is stupid quiet. I’m pumped.

Couch Chair Textile Sleeve Vehicle

·
Eat Sleep Guns & Jeep
14,043 Posts
Approved on 8/20, stamp arrived 8/31, picked up this morning. The deer camp is going to be a lot quieter this year, since 2 other guys got theirs in recently too.

On my 18” 6.5, I’d say it’s comparable to a spicy unsuppressed .22 CCI Minimag(not a scientific measurement) at the ear. The 9” 300blk is stupid quiet. I’m pumped.

View attachment 314467
Nice. Yeah suppressed subsonic BO is about as close to movie quiet as can get.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Well it took 13 months for a paper Form4, got the the call Thursday the tax stamp arrived for my fourth NFA item (AAC 556). Dealer says eform takes about 3-6 months now, but you no longer get a physical stamp, just digital. That's very disappointing, I REALLY like the physical stamp and for $200 you should have it sent to you in a matted frame.

·
Registered
16,144 Posts
Well it took 13 months for a paper Form4, got the the call Thursday the tax stamp arrived for my fourth NFA item (AAC 556). Dealer says eform takes about 3-6 months now, but you no longer get a physical stamp, just digital. That's very disappointing, I REALLY like the physical stamp and for $200 you should have it sent to you in a matted frame.
I can’t tell you the last time I looked at one of my approved forms. I scan them, save to my phone and file them. I just want my paperwork approved and to be left alone. The less contact with them the better.

He’s correct though, it’s emailed, just like the e-file form 1s have been for years. You won’t miss it.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Paper form4 submitted May of 2021, check cashed July 2021.

I just got an email today saying my stamp is in and to come get my suppressor. 16 months wait for a $200 stamp on a $300 can. Just wow

Suck my @$$, AFT goons.

The NFA should go away completely. Sure the rich dudes with huge machine gun collections won't be happy about the value of their guns taking a hit, but that's a small price to pay for the restoration of our constitutional rights.

·
Blessed are the peacemakers
1,365 Posts
My current waitlist...
YHM Resonator K
Purchased: 02/24/2021
Check cashed: 03/17/2021

Silencerco Osprey 45
Purchased: 07/20/2021
Check cashed: 07/27/2021

Silencerco Osprey Micro
Purchased: 07/20/2021
Check Cashed: 07/27/2021

Griffin Armament Recce 5 Mod 4
Purchased:09/07/2021
Check Cashed: TBD
I forgot to update this, received the stamps and brought them home 04/22.
I also received the stamp for my Gemtech Aurora 2 that I purchased around 9/14 (I don’t recall the exact date) at the same time.
The Gemtech Mist that was that same time frame was delayed a month or slightly more as there was and OAL difference on the form 3.

Still waiting on a Bushwacker 46 (paper form)
Purchased: 11/06/21
Cashed: 11/29/21
approved: pending

As well as a Griffin Explorr .300 Utility Mount
Purchased: 04/13/22
Cashed:04/28/22
Approved: pending

My dad purchased a few cans in August of 21 and got the stamps back in March/April timeframe, my sister submitted a form 4 for an AOW within a week of when my dad bought his cans and she hasn’t heard anything back.

1201 - 1220 of 1221 Posts