close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Noises in the woods????

Discussion in 'South Mississippi' started by crackshotAR15, Nov 24, 2017.

Tags:
  1. dublelung

dublelung Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

I'm not sure how close to the water you are but one thing you may want to do is check (during daylight) and see if there's any beaver activity. A beaver makes crazy sounding noises and the brush moving sound you're hearing may be beavers dragging limbs to the water.

2. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Bob Dole is not amused!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017

3. patchz

patchz Court Jester

Tell em to go eat a pineapple.

4. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    From his expression in that pic, I suspect he may have sat on one.

5. patchz

patchz Court Jester

images.jpg

Mesquite, Cliff731, rigrat and 3 others like this.
  6. downinmississippi

downinmississippi Distinguished Poster

Love me some GNP. Spend 2 Weeks in Montana every summer.

Last year I camped two nights In an area where they drop off the “problem” bears in SW Montana. Saw my fair share of Griz that two days. What sucked is I didn’t know it was where they dropped off those type of bears!

Trailboss, mascott, Mesquite and 2 others like this.
  7. bubbat

bubbat Gate Keeper to my corner of Hell

Clinton
    Use to work in Costa Rica some and the howler monkeys make eerie sounds at dusk and dawn

Mesquite, Jarhead5811 and Quickeye like this.
  8. Cliff731

Cliff731 Danged ole' Hermit...

Bubbat... if I heard that noise outside at night, I would be loading up and locking my doors. :eek:

Glad to know those howler monkey critters are in Costa Rica and not here!!! :)

Just saying. ;)

Mesquite, Jarhead5811 and patchz like this.
  9. patchz

patchz Court Jester

They ain't exactly purty to look at either.

Colombian-red-howler-monkey-mouth-open.jpg

121215_howler_free.jpg

Mesquite, Jarhead5811 and Cliff731 like this.
  10. Quickeye

Quickeye Vietnam & Persian Gulf Wars MSGO Supporter

We had them at Rio Hato, in neighboring Rep de Panama. Rio Hato was a training area for Mech Inf, (M-113's). Often the first time hearing them the gunner would fire a burst of .50cal to quiet them down. (Prior to Canal Zone give away.) 193d Inf Bde.
    021.JPG

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Mesquite and Jarhead5811 like this.
  11. Jarhead5811

Jarhead5811 Rational Anarchist MSGO Supporter

I was sitting in my car at work and this wouldn’t load. So, I stuck my phone in my pocket and start d walking in. I had forgotten about this and about three minutes later it started playing. I almost had an accident, you know the kind that requires toilet paper and a change of britches.

Cliff731, Mesquite, bubbat and 4 others like this.
  12. patchz

patchz Court Jester

:lol:

13. Mesquite

Mesquite Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

High school & friend & I, hunting on his Dad's ranch, on Medio creek in south Texas. We were hiking back to camp ,full dark,full moon just rising. We're following a old ranch road, little dew starting to accumulate.
    We make a turn in the road, Stop Dead in our tracks : there's a large shimmering light (guess about 50+ yds) moving back & forth in the woods covered road.
    We're looking at each other & watching this get closer &closer.
    Needless to say, hair starting to stand, tension building, we'd both made conscious decision, it was getting too close.
    We raised our Rifles , Trigger pressure building, seem like remember time standing still, THEN, as fixing to fire : MOO, MOO & cow turned and walked into the woods.
    Think it took a second to start breathing again. :yeah::lol5:
    Note : neither of us were foreign to be out in brush country of South Texas at night,either on foot or horseback.