1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
532 Posts
I cant remember if this has been posted or not, but it's still notable.

The actual research article can be found here Hogan et al. 06-30-2020 manuscript & tables.
Yes, it's very interesting to note for sure. It's actually still available in pharmacies too.

Makes you wonder why this isn’t being plastered on all networks
I've read several articles about it, but when I tested positive my doctor told me to take vitamin C, Vitamin D, Zinc, and Pepcid AC. They have no definitive proof that it works, but there appears to be as least some correlation and it wouldn't hurt to take them daily whether it helped or not.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,670 Posts
Makes you wonder why this isn’t being plastered on all networks
Because it a small scale study, while it may show promise it's just was a study of 110 people, even Dr Hogan said."Testing on a larger scale in well-controlled, rigorous trials are warranted by these favorable results, according to Hogan".
Would you take a Covid Vaccine that had only been tested on 110 people by a local Dr?

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,720 Posts
Because it a small scale study, while it may show promise it's just was a study of 110 people, even Dr Hogan said."Testing on a larger scale in well-controlled, rigorous trials are warranted by these favorable results, according to Hogan".
Would you take a Covid Vaccine that had only been tested on 110 people by a local Dr?
Only thing is it’s not a vaccine

·
19,670 Posts
Only thing is it’s not a vaccine
It's not but still hasn't been tested on a large scale to back up his initial findings to prove it's a actually a cure..

You still didn't answer the question would you take a vaccine that only been tested on 110 people?

·
Registered
6,205 Posts
You still didn't answer the question would you take a vaccine that only been tested on 110 people?
I wouldn't. I probably wouldn't even take one that was tested on 110k people. That's not really apples to apples, though. Pepcid and Zyrtec have been tested on millions of people over decades. They're safe. They may be useless at treating COVID-19 but, they're safe. A botched vaccine could be a little more risky. What if it makes your wiener fall off or something?

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
No just an unproven study by a local Dr.
I was referring to it not being a vaccine. It has been proven safe already .
That vaccine they trying to put out there may not be.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
And since he has a 25 to a 40% rate of improvement then I would try it.

·
19,670 Posts
And since he has a 25 to a 40% rate of improvement then I would try it.
That's surprising to hear, you who doesn't trust anybody or anything would jump in on something unproven.

·
19,670 Posts
On a sample size of only 110 patients, you could get that kind of improvement rate from almost anything. It just isn't big enough to be statistically meaningful.

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
On a sample size of only 110 patients, you could get that kind of improvement rate from almost anything. It just isn't big enough to be statistically meaningful.
Really, name something’s that got type improvement rate in treating Covid or anything else. And we know the maylaria drug works what else though?

Reactions: bucmeister

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
That's surprising to hear, you who doesn't trust anybody or anything would jump in on something unproven.
I explained to you why but alas you aren’t listening cause then it would take wind from your sail.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts