Mississippi Gun Owners banner

21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
μολὼν λαβέ
34,765 Posts
Why you SYDH? Cause you didn’t read, understand what I said.i mean your the one that made the smart alec comment to begin with.

·
Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.
19,670 Posts
Why you SYDH? Cause you didn’t read, understand what I said.i mean your the one that made the smart alec comment to begin with.
Smart aleck comment?

·
Registered
55 Posts
If this guy (the doc) has his notes and documentation in order then this is a very good patient/case study. I'll grant the naysayers that the correlation of his medication cocktail with better results in covid patient outcomes is not the same as causation ( correlation does not always equal causation). Unless i missread this article while skimming it, these results were on patients that were hospitalized ( not all infected patients). So essentially these patients are not in the early stages of symptoms. Since that's the case a 20-40% (I'm a little unsure of how this range is so large given the small sample size and ease of follow up) reduction in death rate is pretty statistically significant. The base of this guys theory to try these drugs is sound. One is a histamine blocker which when it runs rampant is the cause of an anaphylactic reaction (which isn't that dissimilar From a cytokine cascade). I will say that those who have said that it isn't thoroughly tested are correct. However during a pandemic the time needed to have non biased/ neutrally funded/ detailed research conducted simply isn't there and small case studies where a group is given a drug and another group is not is the absolute fastest means of obtaining any information that might lead to a therapeutically relevant correlations. For people on deaths door a (lets shoot for the middle and call it a 30% reduction) nearly a 1/3 reduction in death is better than zero. It is certainly favorable to a vaccine that won't help the already infected that is years away from being truly tested. I believe the point others also made is that a drug combo of otc meds with few side effects today (with some benefit and the added bonus of millions of people having taken it for other purposes and it not killing them) is better than a rushed to market vaccine where you yourself are the case study and who really knows what the side effects will be long term because it hasn't been tested for more than 6-12 months. Also the social media outlets blocking the doctor convention is absolute bull****. Who made these guys the truth seers and gave them medical degrees. If these doctors have their notes and results with two groups of patients ( one receiving drug(s) and one not with the outcomes of all) and all the trends that they are claiming hold true across patient populations then this is so much correlation, that in this case it very nearly is causation and the censorship of that is (if indeed the this is the case) way beyond wrong...

·
Registered
654 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
The drugs used in Dr. Hogan's study are generally over the counter drugs, which to me means they are widely accepted as "OK" by most folks. If I tested positive and had severe symptoms, wanted to live longer but was not ready to go home to meet my maker, I would try them with the hope that they might reduce my suffering and extend my days here on planet earth. What have I got to lose?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Also, this article isn't really claiming to be a huge research trial. It is a report on the results of multiple case studies. On an aside, observations of patient trends and case studies usually lead to our greater innovations medically not randomly done research trials. Jenner would be the best example I can think of with the smallpox vaccine. He and others noticed that Milkers (people that milked/worked with cows) did not contract smallpox and that they also had all been infected with cowpox a similar disease but with less severe symptoms. Jenner then made the leap and started infecting/inoculating people with cowpox to avoid the very deadly smallpox (one of the first well documented modern vaccines).
For the sjw's out there...yes god, I know that inoculations were done well before this in the east ,but the key words here are "well documented".

·
Registered
16,532 Posts
I'd try it. There's nothing there that would hurt you.
You need to take the ziinc, vitamin C and D daily anyway.

·
Chief cook and bottle washer
1,720 Posts
It's not but still hasn't been tested on a large scale to back up his initial findings to prove it's a actually a cure..

You still didn't answer the question would you take a vaccine that only been tested on 110 people?
No I would not

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
If this guy (the doc) has his notes and documentation in order then this is a very good patient/case study. I'll grant the naysayers that the correlation of his medication cocktail with better results in covid patient outcomes is not the same as causation ( correlation does not always equal causation). Unless i missread this article while skimming it, these results were on patients that were hospitalized ( not all infected patients). So essentially these patients are not in the early stages of symptoms. Since that's the case a 20-40% (I'm a little unsure of how this range is so large given the small sample size and ease of follow up) reduction in death rate is pretty statistically significant. The base of this guys theory to try these drugs is sound. One is a histamine blocker which when it runs rampant is the cause of an anaphylactic reaction (which isn't that dissimilar From a cytokine cascade). I will say that those who have said that it isn't thoroughly tested are correct. However during a pandemic the time needed to have non biased/ neutrally funded/ detailed research conducted simply isn't there and small case studies where a group is given a drug and another group is not is the absolute fastest means of obtaining any information that might lead to a therapeutically relevant correlations. For people on deaths door a (lets shoot for the middle and call it a 30% reduction) nearly a 1/3 reduction in death is better than zero. It is certainly favorable to a vaccine that won't help the already infected that is years away from being truly tested. I believe the point others also made is that a drug combo of otc meds with few side effects today (with some benefit and the added bonus of millions of people having taken it for other purposes and it not killing them) is better than a rushed to market vaccine where you yourself are the case study and who really knows what the side effects will be long term because it hasn't been tested for more than 6-12 months. Also the social media outlets blocking the doctor convention is absolute bull****. Who made these guys the truth seers and gave them medical degrees. If these doctors have their notes and results with two groups of patients ( one receiving drug(s) and one not with the outcomes of all) and all the trends that they are claiming hold true across patient populations then this is so much correlation, that in this case it very nearly is causation and the censorship of that is (if indeed the this is the case) way beyond wrong...
AMEN and AMEN AGAIN!!
The "vaccine" whenever it finally does become available will have been hurried through faster than any in recent memory with no telling what kind of side effects, but the right people will be making tons of money so who gives a crap, right? Then maybe 5 to 10 years from now we will have unending lawyer ads about the harm the vaccine caused unless the idiots in congress pass a law giving immunity to such "because of the dire circumstances associated with the virus".

·
Registered
66 Posts
Because it a small scale study, while it may show promise it's just was a study of 110 people, even Dr Hogan said."Testing on a larger scale in well-controlled, rigorous trials are warranted by these favorable results, according to Hogan".
Would you take a Covid Vaccine that had only been tested on 110 people by a local Dr?
I know your a cancer survivor and I applaud you on that. Many others have refused cemo and when with largely unproven alternative treatments and have survived also, so I guess there's more than one way to skin a cat.
I for one will never trust a thing they(officials) ever say again.

·
Free Edward Snowden
6,344 Posts
I for one will never trust a thing they(officials) ever say again.
Preach on, brother.

(I am way ahead of you on that point)

0.04% mortality rate is not conducive to a "pandemic". COV-19 is just something new that has been introduced. Look at AIDS in the 80's, it was all the media rage. Now, it's like, meh.
1.5 million deaths out of 7.5 billion is no pandemic, either.

150 million for Spanish flu.
1/3 of the population of Europe for bubonic plague.

Now those were good old fashioned pandemics.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts