Mississippi Gun Owners banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some advice: Stay out of NYC for the foreseeable future.

Excerpt:

New York City lawmakers voted Tuesday on budget changes that shifted $1 billion from the New York Police Department to programs that assist in youth and community development, a number that fell short of what many protesters in the city have demanded.

The City Council said in a statement that the city's 2021 budget will include $837 million in cuts and transfers to the New York Police Department (NYPD) expense budget, which removes $1 billion from the NYPD’s spending when combined with associated costs.

The amount was far less than what some protesters demanded. Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., said earlier that $1.5 billion in cuts would not be enough.

“Defunding police means defunding police. It does not mean budget tricks or funny math," she said. One Twitter user wrote, "This is like putting the NYPD budget in Groucho Marx glasses and calling it a day."

Corey Johnson, the city council speaker, said, "The Council fought hard to get where we are, but I know this is just a starting point, not an ending point. We need to go farther."

He added the budget agreement "was negotiated with a focus on police reform, youth services, and achieving equity, particularly for low-income communities of color."

New York City Council Minority Whip Joseph Borelli voted no against the budget cuts and said, "know what we're doing will create a more violent city."

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
That's gonna be great for morale for the cops on the streets.
I see a large number of their 38,000 officers retiring this year, and others just leaving for another department somewhere, or taking another career path. Alaska is probably looking good right now.

·
Deplorables Battalion Commander
26,129 Posts
I see a large number of their 38,000 officers retiring this year, and others just leaving for another department somewhere, or taking another career path. Alaska is probably looking good right now.
Police retirements UP; recruitment DOWN. What could go wrong with that combination, right? <SARC>

·
Premium Member
11,968 Posts
If it weren’t for the snow and reduced stature in the food chain,I’d love to try living there! 😆

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
If it weren’t for the snow and reduced stature in the food chain,I’d love to try living there! 😆
Along the water isn't bad, i.e. Anchorage, Kenai Peninsula, Kodiak Island, etc. Food chain? That's what hunting and fishing are for. Yes, a lot of things are shipped there, but just like Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.

·
MSGO Court Jester
35,161 Posts
I am seriously looking at Wyoming for retirement. State population under half a million.
And spaced rather far apart outside the cities.

·
Premium Member
11,968 Posts
Along the water isn't bad, i.e. Anchorage, Kenai Peninsula, Kodiak Island, etc. Food chain? That's what hunting and fishing are for. Yes, a lot of things are shipped there, but just like Hawaii, U.S. Virgin Islands, etc.
No......things eat you......if you’re not paying attention.

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Reactions: Jarhead5811

·
Premium Member
1,482 Posts
Depending on where you go, you'll get more rain than snow. Have several friends up there and they swear they'll never come back to the lower 48 unless to vist the grandkids. I worked up there for a few years-EVERYONE should at least visit. Some of God's best work is up there.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts