close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Obama's smart gun comments

Discussion in 'Round Table' started by GunnyGene, Apr 29, 2016.

1. GunnyGene

GunnyGene Distinguished Poster

Well here it is. A couple things that caught my attention. One in particular is the comment about finding missing guns, that was mentioned in connection with cell phones. This means the chip would also have a GPS component. Absolutely do not like that. :mad:

The other thing is apparently going to be some arm-twisting on State and Local officials. Don't like that either.

Anyway here's the story from Fox and the WH Blog:

Obama calls for boosting ‘smart gun’ tech, setting new requirements | Fox News

WH:

2. mascott

mascott Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

talking about a revolution

3. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

Sum Gy Custom Firearms Distinguished Poster

People with mental illness more likely to be victims rather than perpetrators?? :lol6::lol6: Just how stupid and foolish can they get?
    :lol::lol::lol:

mascott and fordpkup like this.
  4. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

:hmm: I wonder just how much coke you got to snort and how much alcohol you have to consume to reach this level of retardation??:(:(:(:(

spyderhead, fordpkup and mascott like this.
  5. ScottWW

ScottWW Active Member

and of course , what is not being told is that in the past .gov discussions there would be a requirement that the technology allow for a "kill" switch that can be activated by LE or .gov agents when needed........

6. fordpkup

fordpkup Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

They will have the ability to track you, as they can now through a cell phone. What bothers me, if they can track you they could turn your smart gun off.

7. fordpkup

ScottWW got to before I did.:)

8. I'll prefer my firearms to be Stupid as hell.

para40, Jarhead5811, bar306 and 7 others like this.
  9. ScottWW

ScottWW Active Member

Exactly...We, as Firearm owners, can not even for a second take our eye's off of the ball....Never trust the .gov....Period.

10. GunnyGene

Exactly. :mad: Only a damn fool would entrust his life to a handful of batteries, to say nothing of allowing somebody else to control whether your gun fires or not. Not happening in my house. I've gone to extensive lengths to ensure that every one of my firearms goes bang when I pull the trigger, and I'm not about to relinquish that control to anyone else. Ever. End of story. :mad:

bar306, MrGoodtime, 45flattop and 4 others like this.
  11. mascott

Maybe they should test them first on the security surrounding the president and congress!!!!

94LEVERFAN, bar306, 45flattop and 2 others like this.
  12. Sum Gy Custom Firearms

A truly smart gun would never waste a good bullet on any of them idiots!!! :D:D

94LEVERFAN, ScottWW and fordpkup like this.
  13. fordpkup

He wasn't the first to say this. I like his.

14. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

The only part of the speech I could agree with is the direction to the SS administration to report mental disability payments to the NICS system. If an individual is mental enough to get government benefits, then he's mental enough not to own firearms. That might have a side-benefit of getting those pretending to be mentally ill off the government dole.

15. GunnyGene

Then perhaps we should take away an insane, narcissistic, egomaniacs ability to launch nuclear weapons. :hmm:

16. ScottWW

ScottWW Active Member

I don't know...I hate giving the politicians just enough rope to hang us with... If they worked the SS issue to allow for reporting actuall mental issues to the NIC what is to stop them from changing the rules and what is considered Mentally defective? They have tried this with the VA system and it is being abused....

17. mascott

I completely agree with this!! If they are receiving a crazy check they should NOT be allowed to own guns.

18. bar306

bar306 Distinguished Poster

Smart Guns? O'bama needs a smart pill a lot more than we need a smart gun.

19. 94LEVERFAN

94LEVERFAN Distinguished Poster

He ain't got the balls to launch one.

20. I agree also,, BUT, what i do not agree with is putting someone on the crazy list who is just needing a little guidance, or is perhaps depressd due to life changes.

i am afraid the gubment will try and abuse this list