close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Officer Shot/Wounded in Cleveland MS

Discussion in 'Press Talk' started by LeansVeryRight2016, Feb 12, 2018 at 10:09 PM.

1. wreg.com/2018/02/12/officer-shot-in-cleveland-mississippi/
    Police officer, suspect hospitalized after shooting

Memphis news is reporting that the suspect was airlifted to RegionOne Medical Center, Memphis.

Reported non life-threatening, wound to officer's shoulder.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2018 at 10:05 AM
    Mesquite likes this.
  2. cottonmouth

cottonmouth Distinguished Poster

It's some sorry folks in this world. Hope the officer recovers fully.

J.B.

94LEVERFAN and Mesquite like this.

3. Caleb C

Caleb C Distinguished Poster

Lake, MS
    The officers has a non life-threatening injury but the suspect was airlifted. It sounds like the officer won that fight. With any luck the suspect will expire so we won't have to feed him for the next 20 years.

4. Southern Reloading

Southern Reloading Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

Yea but what did the air lift cost us. Push him in the ditch like a dead deer. I know that's crued and calis but enough is enough. Got to start somewhere letting these folks know it won't be tolerated! Sorry for the rant!

5. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    Memphis seems like a long way to airlift him from there for treatment. Pretty sure MS has hospitals a lot closer.

Blondie70 likes this.
  6. bubbat

bubbat Gatekeeper to my corner of Hell.

Clinton
    Only a few can handle that kinda trauma patients, plus Jackson or Memphis are only a couple miles different in distance from Cleveland

94LEVERFAN likes this.
  7. maxhush

maxhush Distinguished Poster

NW MS
    But is a better hospital that's further away of any use if you die on the longer trip?

8. DoyleAlley

DoyleAlley Distinguished Poster

When I was waiting to get my hair cut on Saturday, the guy in the chair ahead of me was a life flight pilot. He was saying that from here in Starkville, they take people to Jackson, Tupelo, or Memphis depending on what kind of injury they have and the ability of the trauma center to handle that patient right then. There are times when the closest facility might be full and taking the patient there would only result in a longer delay.

Blondie70 and maxhush like this.
  9. phillipd

phillipd Distinguished Poster MSGO Supporter

columbus
    Debatable Max. I don't have the ability or time to type my thoughts and experiences with helicopters, the 'closest APPROPRIATE facility', EMTALA, and patient viability.

maxhush and BasMstr like this.
  10. JohnDeere

JohnDeere Deplorable

MS
    Some hospitals in north ms are now just band aid stations, they fired surgeons, nurses and doctors.
    My daughter was rear ended last summer and was banged up pretty bad. $43k was the chopper ride to Memphis children’s hospital, course insurance negotiated that.